Stephen White - Alan Gregory discussion

Alan Gregory Books > Dry Ice (2007)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited Apr 04, 2010 11:04AM) (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 786 comments Mod
Dry Ice (Dr. Alan Gregory Novels) by Stephen White
Dry Ice by Stephen White, book 15 in the Alan Gregory series.

message 2: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I found this to be an emotionally charged story. I actually liked Dry Ice better than White's more popular Kill Me. Here's a favorite passage of dialogue:

"Staying out of my office until you get a warrant is a Fourth Amendment thing. Telling Diane whatever I damn well want to tell her is a First Amendment thing. In case you've forgotten the limits of your police power I don't think you have the authority to suspend random sections of the Bill of Rights at will."

Diane threw in her two cents worth. "He's right Sam. I think random suspension of Constitutional rights remains the sole purview of the executive branch."
-Stephen White, Dry Ice, 2007

message 3: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

"That's the thing about secrets. They are never really dormant. They are termites; unseen, they eat away at foundations." - Stephen White, Dry Ice (2007)

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments I love these succinct retorts that White comes up with. I used to wish I had conversations like these with my friends, now I'm just happy if I can remember something smart that one of White's characters has said.

message 5: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I keep a "book journal" and write down favorite quotes from books I read.

message 6: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 119 comments I listened to this on my drive back from Christmas.

Really riveting. Of course, I am glad that I had already read the first book. Made a lot more sense that way.

message 7: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Glad you enjoyed the book :-) I've just been thinking that I need to read another Stephen White book - gonna try for one of his earlier ones that I haven't read yet.

message 8: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 35 comments I never read the first one and still found it very enjoyable and easy to absorb.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dry Ice (other topics)
Kill Me (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen White (other topics)