Goodreads Help discussion

General > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dapplenose (last edited Aug 02, 2012 06:16PM) (new)

Dapplenose | 72 comments Mod
Welcome! This group is to help newbies, but anybody is welcome!

The rules in this group are:
~No swearing
~Be respectful of this group and its members.
~Do not ask to be a moderator.
~Feel free to contribute.
~Stay on topic. You can be as off topic as you want, but I will delete it.

If you are a newbie, start out by reading the handbook. Then you can build some roleplay skills, if you want. I would apreciate some feedback by voting on the poll. :)

I put the info from the Handbook folder into this Goodreads writing, The Goodreads Handbook.

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) try out the rp! it's fun!

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) WELCOME!!!!!!!

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) i might as well join though im not THAT new, y'know? i wuz wondering if someone culd help me to upload a pic??

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) [image error]

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) yo i wuz thinking that could be the pic

message 7: by Dapplenose (new)

Lol, that's the new group picture :)

message 9: by Edward (new)

Edward Wolfe (edwardmwolfe) Where can I go for help with this situation:

I uploaded an epub version of one of my books and later found that I need to fix some things in it.

I received an email telling me it had been processed and there was a link I could click to make it visible to GR members.

I did NOT click that link, and yet now the book is available for anyone to download.

Is it possible to have it removed so I can provide the corrected copy?

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward Wolfe (edwardmwolfe) Just to be clear - I was basically given the option to approve of what I uploaded, and I didn't approve, and yet it's still available as if I had.

Additionally, my intention was to make this ebook available for free to GR members, but I've since learned that anyone can go to goodreads.com, search for the book and download it without even creating a member account.

Now I'd just like to have it removed completely.

Is that possible?

message 11: by Edward (new)

Edward Wolfe (edwardmwolfe) I just noticed that there have been few posts to this group since its inception. This can't be the actual place for help.

message 12: by Dapplenose (last edited Jun 28, 2013 09:46PM) (new)

I apologize if there was a misunderstanding: this group is in no way an official group run by Goodreads. I'm just a humble member who had the good intentions of trying to be helpful by creating a more informal environment for some of my new friends in which to learn some Goodreads basics (unfortunately I know nothing about ebooks on Goodreads).

I'm really sorry that I've left you hanging for so long like this and for causing the misconception in the first place. I've become inactive from Goodreads and I did not see your postings.

I hope that you have found the Official Groups, listed to the right of the Groups Page, especially the Goodreads Feedback group.