What should I read next?: The book ending support group discussion

WHAT DO I READ NEXT!!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trevor (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:43AM) (new)

Trevor | 1 comments i just finished water for elephants..loved it...before that i was reading catcher in the rye, i liked that one too, but what do i read next?? i have no idea what to read next, i like realistic books not necessarily nonfiction but i dont really get into books like aragon or eldest, i thought harry potter was good but that series is hard to dislike, anyway just askinf for suggestions..thanx for ur help.

message 2: by Korie (new)

Korie Brown (drbrown) | 24 comments Trevor, have you read The Shadow of the Wind? It's wonderful. I would also recommend anything by Arturo Perez-Reverte, especially The Queen of the South. Feel free to browse my books if you like!

message 3: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 8 comments I’m just going to finish 2001 a space odyssey. I picked it up because I had wanted to read upon knowing I don’t always get into science fiction, and crave YA or Fantasy normally. I’m really used to stories ideas, but have too far to go to show any special abilities in a books outline. Dig plots and skeletons, and just enjoy plays. But not to read plays without purpose, or like poetry only like a play.

message 4: by Aimee (new)

Aimee You might Like Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.

I am currently reading 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult, which is very good.

message 5: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 8 comments I’m stuck on chapter two of Childhood’s End anyway. And I was contemplating Angels&Demons by Dan Brown, it’s on my next to read shelf, but for now they both just stare at me. Maybe Middlesex will be at the library and I wonder if there is any story in it. Maybe made from another series, dream stuff, sounds good.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam Harkin (sammydeedge) | 3 comments I've been reading some Agatha Christie. So you don't have to read my profile for those they are: Evil under the sun, Death on the Nile, Towards Zero and After the Funeral. I really enjoyed them (awsm twists and turns that kind of thing) but I wouldn't mind something more along the lines of a young adult kind of book. Any suggestions?

message 7: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 2 comments Trevor wrote: "i just finished water for elephants..loved it...before that i was reading catcher in the rye, i liked that one too, but what do i read next?? i have no idea what to read next, i like r..."

You might like The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Clayton or Angry Housewives eating bonbons. I also loved the Guernsey Literacy and Potato Peel Society/

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 2 comments Inkheart is the in the young adult genre. I read it recently and really enjoyed it. A great fanstasy-adventure for the bibliophile.

What should I read next?: The book ending...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Water for Elephants (other topics)