The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi fellow addicts

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 1 comments I've just discovered this wonderful site. Lori's blurb about spending all spare cash and running out of book shelves, gave me goose bumbs. How does she know what it is like here in my home on the Gold Coast in Australia?
It is a bit of running joke amongst family and friends, many cannot understand why I don't just join a library. A library???! And not have my wonderful books arround me? I'm known for buying books 2,3 times when they don't return after lending them out.
I read across all genres. Fact and fiction. Currently reading 'The boy in striped pajamas' by John Boyne and 'God and Gold' by Walter Russell Mead

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 215 comments You will feel at home here. You will def. have to go write about your splurges in the folder dedicated for that. We are book lovers and probably 99.9% of us have an addiction to buying books...but we all just encourage it...hehehehe.

Welcome to the group & have tons of fun here!!!

message 3: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hello Yvonne! Your post made me laugh. The library thing? I can relate! I haven't stepped in a library since my kids were little. I have to own the books. LOTS of books! My husband remodeled our back room for me. (He's extremely talented!) The main focus is 4 built in bookcases and a huge book bench beneath a large window. Needless to say, it's my favorite room and where I spend most of my time!

message 4: by Queen (new)

Queen | 74 comments Hi Yvonne. Hope you meet some really cool people and enjoy surfing the site.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments Hi Yvonne

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Yvonne.. thanks for the compliment. I like to think that we book lovers all have the same issues... like blowing our savings on great new books to read, and taking up all available space indoors to house them :)

Welcome!

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Welcome, Yvonne!

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Hey I would like to own a library. A really big library like the one where I live. I don't think the city will sell it though. We actually have three in town,but I want the main library. hehehehe.