Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > City Of The Bones- Questions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 29, 2009 10:09PM) (new)

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Discussions of City Of The Bones by Cassandra Clare

This thread is where if you have any Questions about the Book please post them in here so we can help answer them or share opinions.

here are a few to Break the Ice..

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra ClareWhat do u think of the cover of this book?
Who is your favorite character? and why?

This will Start On September 1st..

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I hate this cover. It seems to me the book is about the gril and well this cover so does not show me what I feel the book is about.

My favorite char is actually her friend. I know he is just a side char but well I like him

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Oct 01, 2009 07:18PM) (new)

Sarah (sjhorton) | 4 comments I think the cover is kind of cool. It's definitely eye grabbing.

Hard to pick a fav character - I love them all. In this book, I'd have to say Jace is my favorite. He's complex and has been brought up a certain way but in this story, he is the one who changes his ways - not Clary, she's always who she is despite finding out some new family secrets (usually it's always the girl/woman who changes her entire belief system/life for the guy in these types of stories).

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) I like the cover. I'm not completely thru the book but I really like all the characters. Isabelle is kinda interesting and i would have never guessed that Alec was gay.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the cover, I guess it shows the runes on the Shadowhunters, I assumed that person on the cover was Jace...

Anyways I like Isabelle because she is really funnyand I extra-specially love Jace he is as Sarah said: "He's complex and has been brought up a certain way but in this story, he in the one who changes his ways."

So true and at the ending I was SO angery. I really want Jace and Clary to hook-up... :( I always thought that Valentine would be Clary's father when she found out her mother was his wife. and I knew Jace was Jonathan when Clary found him at the hospital.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) I loved this series and I actually really like the covers. Jace is by far my favorite and I agree with one poster's comments that Clary doesn't seem to grow in COB. However, after having read the entire series, every character grows by the end. And for those Jace and Clary fans, just keep reading ;)

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 31 comments I think its jace on the cover, my favorite character is by far jace

message 8: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) I like Isabelle because she comes across as a confident woman. Clary is not the typical woe is me save me girl in most stories. Jace just makes me want to yell at him.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) It is Jace on the cover and I love Jace, especially in the second book. In COB, he is just a bit of an arrogant, snyde arse, in book two, you get to see what lies underneath.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)