Writing Contests!! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Descriptive Story Contests > Aug 30th-Sep 5th(Contest No.1)

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maryam. (last edited Aug 29, 2009 05:32PM) (new)

Maryam. | 214 comments Mod
:D
Here I will give you a topic which you will describe for example the emotions, and the thoughts, the surroundings stuff like that.

The topic for this contest is:
You have to describe a girls feelings about her first day of school..In a new school

in this one just post the whole thing here, don't post in on goodreads..YET

message 2: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments Tittle: Battle of Middle School
Author: Esther Woo *Girl with the Cooliest Last Name Ever!*

I walked through the halls. Eyes peirced on my skin, I ducked my head. Whyed i have to move, Whyed i have to move! I found my place in the classroom and waited. The sign said Welcome to Sixth Grade but to me it said welcome to endless torcher. A girl sat down next to me, i dared to look up. She was beautiful, and i expected the worst, "H-hello." She looked at me "Um, hi?" She turned away and talked to someone else. Probably whispering about me. So this is what it's like in middle school, well now that i'm experiencing it, not a big fan. I am in a battle, in a Battle of Middle School.

message 3: by Nada (new)

Nada | 4 comments Title: (Shoot! Rabia, you stole my title, but I'm going to use it anyway) New Start
Author: Nada
(sorry, mine's a little long)

New school. New town. New year. New start? I don't think so. The front entrance was crowded with familiar cliques. Athletes, dribbling basketballs or fiddling with tennis rackets absentmindedly, were too physically superior to accept me. A group of mature and sophisticated students were huddled around a piece of paper, speaking mathematically and literarily beyond my knowledge. Musicians paused their heated discussion on music theory to scoff amongst themselves at how inaccurately I drew the violin on my notebook cover. I doubted even the goths would accept me; excluding today, I'm usually very optimistic.
I belonged no where.
At first.
Then I notices several cliques where each member sported a different fashion. I lingered near one of the groups and listened in. They were disagreeing on nearly every topic, but they were having fun, fully enjoying each other's company.
I introduced myself.
And was accepted.

message 4: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (last edited Aug 30, 2009 05:26PM) (new)

Amelia Mapstone | 39 comments Mod
Title: A Newer, Better Beginning Than the First.
Author: Amelia

---

The cold soulless ring of my alarm clock echoed in my ears and my arm slammed on that retched red button to turn it off. But as much as I tried shoving and slamming on the dang thing, it just kept ringing. Finally, without any warning, I chucked it across the room and it crashed into my bedroom wall, causing sparks and wires to go flying onto the black carpet. I cursed to myself as I spit on the now silent and broken machine, making it sizzle. Then I picked it up and chucked it in the garbage.

Then I slowly turned to the mirror.

My long black hair went a bit past my shoulders and my cheeks were flushed and splotched with dried night drool. Lovely. My eyes flickered as I watched my reflection in the mirror. Bed hair sucks. My tired, sleepy seeded eyes glowed gray in the early morning dim light. I sighed, kicked the wall, and bared my best to get ready for it.

Ready for what, you may ask?

Ready for school. Ugh.

Yes, I'm the New Girl in school. The New Girl, the Noob, the Newbie. The weird girl.
The goth.
The quiet, timid, mysterious, and creepy girl.
Yes, already rumors have been spreading.

JUST because I wear dark makeup and I have black hair and misty gray eyes does NOT give people the right to judge me suddenly! And it spooks the other kids, too...
So guess what, I have no friends!

I walked into the school, passing by the EVERYTHINGS. (what I call everyone else) The jocks, chortling on about how they won some football jam last summer, and then won it again this year. The popular girls, who were giggling and flirting with the other packs of jocks across the hall. The goths, who stared down at me pitifully. (mind you, they didn't even think I was "cool".) The geeks, the nerds, and the dorks, who were all in one huddle, whispering what sounded like Geometry Morse code.
Even the teachers gave me weird looks.
I mean, WHAT was so weird about a new girl! Maybe the fact that I am pale and dark haired yet I come from California, but really! What is so great about New York city schools?

They're dirty, boring, and just too snobby to invite someone like me -poor yet insightful- into their pack of feasting knowledge lions.
Gahr! Insane. Just plain nuts.

Well, usually I would be cussing and spitting angry words to these fools, but as I walked into my homeroom, I noticed something. Something completely uncanny and disturbing about the atmosphere around me. Something that made me want to...cry? Scream? Yell? Beg for mercy and plead for justice?

No.

Walking straight up to me was a girl my age. Blond pig tails hung at her shoulders, her baby blue eyes sparkled like diamonds; she wore the slightest bit of makeup, pink nailpolish, a pink sweater with a white collared shirt under it, and a brown plaid skirt to her knees. She sat down next to me and smiled a bright, cheerful reflective lip glossy smile.

"Hi," she said, holding out her hand, which I reluctantly took, "I'm Jennifer."

And I -though I was not sure what to say- smiled back.

message 5: by Maryam. (new)

Jamborandi wrote: "This is just a little ditty on what I would look like if I were successful (???) It was just some fluff.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4..."

Wait a moment is this an entry for the contest?

message 6: by Maryam. (new)

Love it Amelia!!!

message 7: by Maryam. (new)

Nada wrote: "Title: (Shoot! Rabia, you stole my title, but I'm going to use it anyway) New Start

New school. New town. New year. New start? I don't think so. The ..."

OMGOSH!!!!LOVE IT!

message 8: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Maryam_Music Lover wrote: "Love it Amelia!!!"

Thanks! :)

message 9: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Nada wrote: "Title: (Shoot! Rabia, you stole my title, but I'm going to use it anyway) New Start

New school. New town. New year. New start? I don't think so. The ..."

Oh shoot. I am sorry, Nada. My story is kinda close to yours. No hard feelings, though, right? I didn't even read the other entries before I did mine.

Sorry again.

message 10: by Nada (new)

Nada | 4 comments Its fine! Great minds think alike, right?

message 11: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Yes. Thank you for understanding. :)

message 12: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Manahil wrote: "nada!!!! u stole all the stuff from bratz the movie the goths the jocks ,musician it was the description of the bratz first day"

Uhh... I have NEVER watched that movie, and never plan to...

message 13: by Manahil (new)

Manahil the division and the groups u all copied it

message 14: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (last edited Sep 03, 2009 09:16AM) (new)

Jocks, goths, geeks...they're all stupid labels that EVERYONE uses. It's not just something Bratz made up.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ikr

message 16: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Yeah!

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) i'm in the 'weird' section lol

message 18: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) being weird is fun! XD

message 19: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Lolz.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: Argh I have to think of one. Sorry :D

Author: Hima

I walked through the halls, ignoring the chatter of the people who's fake moods reflected the artificial light of the long hallway. I ignored the whispering and the giggling as everyone fell silent, staring at me, the new girl. The only new girl, I had been assured by the principal. Joy. Suddenly everyone started talking again, as if some remote control switched them back on like a hopeless TV.

I wished I wasn't here. I wished that I was back in Oregon, laughing and talking gaily with my friends as the people here apparently did. I had to give up everything just to come here. My friends, my pets, and most importantly, my happiness.

Finally I got to my small private space that was the pathetic excuse for a locker. I was distinctly aware of a girl next to me, opening her locker and sliding her books out.

I gathered up all my courage, which equaled nearly zero, and looked up. "Hi." I said slowly. I'd been doing everything slowly lately.

I examined her as she smiled back at me. Honey-brown hair tumbling down her shoulders down to the middle of her back. Warm brown eyes lit up when she revealed her pearly white teeth in a wide smile. Her tanned skin glowed in the light. It was perfect, almost flawless, but for the sprinkling of friendly freckles dancing across it.

"Hey, I'm Amy. You are?" She questioned.
"Fiona." I smiled.

Maybe I hadn't given up much after all....

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It's suckish, I know.

message 22: by Maryam. (new)

No It is not!!!!!!!It is really good Himi!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

:D Thankz. I had to make it off the top of my head.

message 24: by Maryam. (new)

Haha, I loved it!!Tomorrow are the results!!:D
Well..TECHNICALLY TODAY HERE...Have to get around doing this..Lol

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 26: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments hehehe

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna) (rainrocks) | 3 comments um..this is just something i thought of. i might do a story on it!

~~~Alica opened her emerald eyes for the first time that morning to see the most ghastly sight. The pretty, even, smart braids that she had put her hair into the night before, had exploded. She yanked her purple comforter off of her and jumped out of the bed. She ran over the slightly scratched hardwood floor and looked in the mirror. Alica nearly screamed, her honeysuckle blonde hair was in tiny knots, as if someone had taken a fork and twirled it around like spagetti. She looked around desperately and finally her eyes landed on the black and orange beanie hat. Her younger sister, Bethany, had worn it to a Halloween party last year. Ever since then, Alica had used it for bad hair days.

message 29: by Maryam. (last edited Sep 04, 2009 02:50PM) (new)

Love it!!!!!!!Tell me if you write this as a story!:D
But is this an entry for the contest??

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, awesome!

Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna) (rainrocks) | 3 comments Lol thanx:D idk i just posted it cuz i felt like it:P i will write one for the contest l8r!

message 32: by Maryam. (new)

Haha, K!:D

message 33: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments lalalalala!!!!!!!!! just felt like doing that! :P

message 34: by Maryam. (new)

Hah!Random!

message 35: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments yea i know! like i said in welcome, dont ovoid randomness, EMBRACE IT!!!!!!!

Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna) (rainrocks) | 3 comments haha:) nice! randomness is awesomeee!!

message 37: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments yea i know!!! thats actually sorta my moto!

message 38: by Maryam. (new)

Lol!
I never said it is anything bad!!

message 39: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments hahaha iz great!

message 40: by ♫Huneeya♥ (last edited Sep 04, 2009 03:54PM) (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 25 comments Title: Butterflies
Author: Huneeya (sorry my entry is a bit late :( and it sucks... )

Another new school. Another new place. I got up out of bed and walked to the bathroom to get ready. That familiar feeling was starting to form in the pit of my stomach. Nervousness. I picked out my favorite t-shirt to wear and pulled it over my head. At least I was used to moving now. I knew what to do when you started a new school. You kept your head down, smiled at people who were nice, and stayed out of the way of the cheerleaders. It was like that in every school. Everyone already had friends. Everyone was settled. Everyone but me.

The drive to school was torture. The butterflies in my stomach beat their wings restlessly against my belly, trying to find a way to escape. I stared out the window, not actually seeing anything but just thinking about the day that lay ahead of me. I was glad I didn't have breakfast. I think I would have puked if I did.

I slammed the car door behind me. Whoops. Bit too loud. I walked up the stone steps, trying to look confident. Of couse everyone would know I was the new kid though. The only new kid. I walked to my locker. I opened it and stared. Cockroaches. Trying not to scream, I quickly slammed it shut and slung my bag back over my shoulder.

I had math first. Perfect. That would wake me up. Not that I needed any waking up. The butterflies took care of that. Math. English. Art. P.E. Lunch. Oh no. The butterflies were rebelling I don't think they liked my stomach much. I payed for my food and slowly walked through the cafeteria looking for somewhere to sit. There were the popular kids. Alll sitiing together on one crammed table, sitting elbow-to-elbow. There were the jocks, in the middle. The nerds, with their math homework next to them. The normal people. The goths. My eyes searched and found an empty table. I slid into the seat and quietly started to eat my lunch. A while later, a girl came up to me. I think i recognized her from my English class.
"Can we sit with you?" she asked, flipping her honey-blonde hair behind her shoulders.
"Sure," I said bewildered, moving over to make room for her. A few of her friends followed and I listened to them talk while I ate my lunch. Or whatever it was that they called this stuff. Looked more like barf soup to me.
"See them over there?" the girl next to me asked, pointing to the popular table.
"Yeah."
"You don't want to mess with them. One wrong move and they'll make your life hell. They're mean," she said knowlegably and her friends nodded. I nodded as well.
"I asked one of them for a pencil in math," I told them. "I don't think she heard me, though she did give me a dirty look."
"Don't take it personally. She treats everyone whose not in her clique like dirt under her perfectly manicured fingernails," she told me. "Where are my mamers? My name's Alyssa."
"I'm Rachael," I said smiling at her. Even if those popualr bitches did make my life hell, it looked like I might have some friends to help me through it.

message 41: by Catie (new)

Catie New World
By: Catie
I walked up the steep steps leading to my new prison. The door slamed shut behind me as if a reminder that there was no getting back out. The day that I had been dreading since my dad got transfered was here. I was a rodent here. Bottom of the soical pyrimid.
I stood out in the groups of athletic looking kids with dark skin. All the kids looked like they were volleyball players or cheerleaders. I was a black haired girl with pale skin used to nonstop rain. I had lived in Seattle all my life, Flordia would be a big change.
The bell rang. I hurried to homeroom clutching my books against my chest. I walked in trying to ignore the stares boring into me from all sides. All my hopes to dissaper vanished at this point. I triped books and papers flying everywhere. To make matters worse I fell right on my butt.
"Oops!" A girl said above me "I didn't relize you were there."
Of courseI thought I have someone looking to destroy me withing ten minutes of getting here. This was going to be a long year
"What'd you do that for Taylor!" a harsh voice said
A hand reached out and helped me up and handed me my books. "You okay?" a boy asked
He wasn't just any boy. He was a god.
I nodded mutely
"Here you can sit next to me." he said pointing at a seat nearby.
I sat down.
"Here" he said handing me one last peice of paper.
Our hands brushed breifly. A tingling sensation started as soon as his skin came into contact with mine.
Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad after all.

message 42: by Nada (new)

Nada | 4 comments Amelia wrote: "Manahil wrote: "nada!!!! u stole all the stuff from bratz the movie the goths the jocks ,musician it was the description of the bratz first day"

Uhh... I have NEVER watched that movie, and never p..."

I've never watched that movie either, so its purely coincidence (besides thoses are popular stereotypes)

message 43: by Maryam. (new)

Lol, I know don't worry about that!

message 44: by Maryam. (new)

Callie and Huneeya THAT WAS AMAZING!!

message 45: by Maryam. (new)

Esther wrote: "Tittle: Battle of Middle School
Author: Esther Woo *Girl with the Cooliest Last Name Ever!*

I walked through the halls. Eyes peirced on my skin, I ducked my head. Whyed i have to move, Whyed i ha..."

Esther what exactly do you mean by Whyed??

message 46: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments oh... i have bad vocab srry... Why'd hheheehe

message 47: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Maryam_Music Lover wrote: "Lol, I know don't worry about that!"

THANK YOU!

message 48: by Maryam. (new)

Amelia won this contest!!:D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.