Writing Contests!! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Short Story Contests > Aug 30th-Sep 14th(Contest No.1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maryam. (new)

Maryam. | 214 comments Mod
Now you have to write a short story, you will write it post it on GR and then post the link here!!As this is the first contest I'am not going to keep a specific topic..Write about ANYTHING...well at least right now..For the other contests there will be a topic in this one, write anything

message 2: by Maryam. (new)

Not really!!!!!Lol..AND ONLY for this Contest there is NO specific topic.....The word limit is your choice it just has to be a short story!

message 3: by Maryam. (new)

haha, Yeah!

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments YEY!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) When I Am a Success...

I will live in a house with a thatched roof (always wanted one). The house itself will be made of straw, twigs, vines, pebbles, and seeds of all kinds. (The first two pigs will be very jealous). It will be far into the woods, so no one can get here without a verbal or visual map from us.

As luck would have it, our house will have a path leading straight to it. As you come up to it, you will see the front door hiding in all that straw. We made it possible for you to see the door by putting a big WELCOME sign on the door, done in twigs. However, even though it has a path leading to it, we are very picky about who we let in our house.

The inside of the house is brown, and the outside is green. It's friendlier that way.

Who are "we"? We are Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Jackman. We just celebrated the big 20. We are the proud, sometimes exasperated, owners of one dog, two cats, and two children.

Our dog is a golden retriever named Rusty. One cat is a three-colored calico named Colorful, and the other cat is a silvery-black ragdoll named Silvery Black (Sil for short). You can see how original we are with names of animals.

Our boy is a black-haired, long-nosed kid named Pinocchio. Our girl is a fair-haired, long-haired, fair-skinned, blue-eyed beauty named Rapunzel. Did you notice that all five of them are named for what they are? We are still trying to figure out why all of the kids make fun of our babies.

We have a wonderful view from our house. There are plants, trees, flowers, lots of critters, and lots of birds. It is absolutely breathtaking.

Some of the critters around us are squirrels, chipmunks, possums, rabbits, deer, and now and then groundhogs and antelope. We feed them everyday.

We must have forty kinds of birds flying around here, including hummingbirds. We feed them far away from where we feed the critters, so it all goes to the birds.

We have a carport of sorts. Both cars are parked in a nice mossy area with the leaves and branches from the shade trees protecting our cars from the wind and elements.

Hugh has a silver BMW beamer that he and I toodle around in. The heavy-duty, practical, family car is mine. It is a bright red Toyota Camry.

We tried home-schooling, but it didn't work, so we put Pinocchio and Rapunzel in parochial school. We figured they would learn better morals, views, and values than they would in private schools. Apparently, we were wrong.

We are a very close-knit family. We do things together a lot. We have a Bible study every night. We have devotions every morning. We go to rallies and games together. We play word games together. In short, we have a great family ethic.

message 6: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments is it ok if i just put the next chapter of my book??

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments ummm if i can this is it... you probably want to read the beginning first... http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...

message 9: by Maryam. (new)

Okay so hold on...Esther that chapter is is an entry right???Oh..and Jamborandi is yours also an entry??

Very confused......

message 10: by Maryam. (new)

Steph wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4..."

Confused once more...THIS IS AN ENTRY RIGHT???Ok, guys I'am making a list of people who have given their entires in....If you aren't in them please tell me

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) mhmmm

message 12: by Maryam. (new)

Oh ok!:D

message 13: by Maryam. (new)

Oh, Okay!:D
I'am going to read them once more before the final date so yeah..:D

message 14: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) be aware
there's probably spelling and grammar mistakes

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) i'm not going to edit it anymore

message 16: by Maryam. (new)

Oh!Hahha, Kkk!

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) *makes a charrie*

message 18: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments Maryam_Music Lover wrote: "Okay so hold on...Esther that chapter is is an entry right???Oh..and Jamborandi is yours also an entry??

Very confused......"

yea......... but its part of my book... can i do that???

message 19: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments and if i cant then ill just write a short story...

message 20: by Maryam. (new)

No No its ok!:D
Just checking

message 21: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments yey!!!!!!!!! erm... wait do you think it might be hard because you sorta have to read the whole story???

message 22: by Maryam. (new)

Hmmm..No, its okay!:D
WAIT..................I HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE STORY??Lol

message 23: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments ummmm well the begining... thats just the most recent chappy i wrote... or you can just use the first chapter...

message 24: by Maryam. (new)

O.o
Its ok I will use the one you have put!

message 25: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments ok...... i think that one is CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! and silence? i think right??

message 26: by Maryam. (new)

yes!:D

message 27: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments hehehhe yea.......

message 28: by Maryam. (new)

=D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: The Heart of a Wolf (I stole it from another one of my stories. I would love it if you read it!)

Author: Hima

I pinched myself, not sure if I was dreaming, or if I was hallucinating from a hard hit on the head. There was more of a chance that I was hit on the head.

I was standing in front of a pack of growling, snarling, glaring wolves. Wolves of all colors, black, grey, white, and mixed, stared at me menacingly. The alpha male cocked his head and my ears were ringing with the mournful howls of thousands of wolves.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, which were frozen just like the rest of my body. I tried to lift my foot up but found that I couldn't; it was like it was glued to the ground with super-glue.

The powerful wind whistled around me, adding to the sharp pain running through my lungs as I strained to breathe through the powerful winds.

The wind was so powerful that it couldn't have been made by the Earth's forces. At that moment pain started to seep through me, pain like none before. It wasn't physical, it was more of a feeling that something horrible was going to happen and I could do nothing about it; it was emotional.

Once again I tried to move, greeted again by sharp stabbing in my chest and legs. Of course, I would have never thought this would have happened. How I got myself into this mess I didn't know.

It had started as a normal day.

I know, it's weird. But I like it. :D

message 30: by Maryam. (new)

It is not weird, It is very good!I will get around reading your story!!Maybe tomorrow!!Lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

:D I actually got the title from this one show on animal planet. It was originally Heart of a Lioness. :D

message 32: by Maryam. (new)

OH!Nice!I always find it so hard to get good titles!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, I have problems too. That's why I end up naming my stories, 'IDK'

message 34: by Maryam. (last edited Sep 04, 2009 02:31PM) (new)

Exactly, Stuff like:

-Not Sure Yet-

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Name; Realm(Idk)

Grace sat in the branches of an old oak, looking up at the stars. She always did this on nights with full moons, yet she didn’t know why. She whispered the names of the stars and constellations as she went “North star…..Sirius…..Draco.”

That was as far as she got.

There was a huge bang and Grace whipped around, almost falling off the branch. She hit her arm on the trunk. “Ow.” She muttered. Grace leapt off the tree and raced back to her house. She stopped, horrified at the sight that met her eyes.

Her front door was ripped out from the brickwork, thrown aside in the daisies that were always carefully tended by her mother. The windows were shattered, glass sprinkled around her front lawn. As Grace watched, the house exploded into a fireball, the flames punching into the sky. Grace’s eyes started to water. She just stood thee, frozen by shock, as the fire spread; making it’s way towards Grace.

“Come on!” Something grabbed Grace’s arm and pulled her towards the forest. Grace was wrenched out of her trance and ran towards the safety of the trees. If I can just reach the trees, I’ll be safe. Grace thought desperately. She didn’t know how she knew this but she was going on a hunch. And she was always the type that went on a hunch. She was just about to reach the shadow of the first tree when something hideous and deformed burst out of the shadows. Grace screamed and lashed out in a round-house kick. Her foot connected with the demon with a sq-kaaaa! sound and threw it into a tree. Grace winced as she got her first clear look at it.

It was a nightmare creature. Its head was almost a wolf’s head, except it mauled and the snout was made out of bone, with glistening flesh clinging to it. The neck was almost a foot long, connecting to a snake like body. The tail was a stump and the legs were short and muscular, with long claws jutting out of the end. Grace bent over and vomited. The stranger girl grabbed Grace a hauled her away. Grace didn’t mind. She blacked out.

The next time she woke up, Grace was staring at the blue sky. She bolted up, wincing as she did. The girl that saved her life was next to her, cooking something over a fire. Her hair was a fiery-red and her eyes were blue. She was really quite beautiful, now that Grace saw her properly.

“Hello.” The girl said quietly. “My name is Alice. Do you remember anything from last night?”

It took Grace a while. “Fire and demons. Oh my.” She said

message 37: by Esther (last edited Sep 04, 2009 06:10PM) (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments yeyeyey! you joined!!! you always use the name Alice and Grace!!!!!! every rp... iz was good though... it makes you want more

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I cant think of other names that fit them........

message 40: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 162 comments yea...

message 41: by ♫Huneeya♥ (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 25 comments can i enter the first chapter of my story?

message 42: by Maryam. (new)

The first chapter of your story...Are you talking about Just Breathe??

message 43: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) i cant wait till the 10th

message 44: by Maryam. (new)

Hahah!:D

message 45: by Maryam. (new)

Huneeya wrote: "can i enter the first chapter of my story?"

Yes!You can!!:D

message 46: by ♫Huneeya♥ (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 25 comments yay!! ok!! here is my entry:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...
eeks!! i just realized its the 10th!! sry my entry was so late!!

message 47: by Maryam. (new)

Oh hahaha!It is not the 10th though....9th..!!?!!

message 48: by Della (new)

Della | 22 comments Mod
im going to try to write something for this, too.
aaah! so busy!

message 49: by ♫Huneeya♥ (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 25 comments okie

message 50: by Amelia, The winner of the first descriptive story contest! (new)

Amelia Mapstone | 39 comments Mod
OMG ALL OF THESE ARE SOOOOOO GOOD! I HAVE TO GO NOW, BUT IS IT OKAY IF I JUDGE THEM SOMETIME TOMORROW PLEASE?? THAT WAY I CAN THINK ALL THIS OUT.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU. GREAT AND AMAZING JOB, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.