Who's Your Author? discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is for a discussion of the book Covet.

Is this the first book in a series? Is it better than or worse than her BDB books? Similar? Different?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments It is the first book in a new series, to be published in September. I'm hoping it's similar.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I've heard that the brothers show up at one point in the background story. So I think it's going to end up being similar.

I think it's going to focus on the angels like Lassiter. At least that's what I've heard from others.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments Do you think we'll get a book for Lassiter? I'm hoping!!

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Maybe, he's mysterious and interesting!! I don't know where to look for info on it, on Ward's main website it's only stuff about the BDB, not Covet.

Anyone know if there's a secondary site that has info??

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I couldn't find one.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The heroine of Cover is Marie-Terese, the prostitute boss at Rehv's club.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments oo that's interesting news Jan. How'd you find that one out??

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I can't even find a really good description of the plot, so I'm dying to get my hands on this one! It must be hush-hush.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Someone was talking in the other thread that there is a lot of information on the BDB boards on Ward's website. But I'm just too lazy to look through all those posts lol.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, Jess. Thats where I found out about Marie-Terese. There's something special about her, considering her likeness is on a statue at the cemetery. I think it was Xhex that noticed it.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments During the chat a couple of weeks ago, Twisted said that he thought Covet was better than BDB. And while I realize he's one of Ward's staff, it's still a big claim. I'm really hoping for good things from this new series as it means we'll only be getting one BDB book a year.

She's been promising an excerpt since the release of Revh's book, but it so far has yet to materialize. I think the Fallen Angels web site is supposed to go up in the next week or so though, so maybe that will have some good info.

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh when you find out what the website is DarkHeart, post it on here. I think the fact that there's no website is both confusing people and intriguing people.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments http://www.jrward.com

It's been updated and includes the excerpt she's been promising!

message 15: by new_user (new)

new_user You know, the summary doesn't sound appealing to me at all, but her writing's so good that I'm sure I'll like this book, LOL.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments 29th

message 17: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments It almost sounds like this is a book that you have to read most of BDB before reading it. I am slowly making my way through BDB, but I haven't yet met Lassiter and don't know anything about a likeness in a cemetary. So maybe I'll need to wait until I read the rest of those books before checking out Covet!

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments Lassiter shows up in Lover Enshrined, right?

message 19: by new_user (new)

new_user @Sarah: Yep. Kelley Anne, I think it's a good idea for you to wait on Covet until you've read the others, although there isn't a lot of information presented. It's still fun to read about characters from the beginning. :D

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 115 comments I'm waiting for Lover Avenged to come out in paperback but I want to read Covet when it comes out! I'll have to wait for someone who's caught up with the BDB books to read Covet and tell me if it's ok to read before I start it. : (

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll probably end up staying up all night to read it, so I'll let you know. LOL

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol! And you laughed at me Jan for doing that same thing with Catching Fire! lol!

message 23: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Sep 19, 2009 08:39AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Shannon wrote: "I'm waiting for Lover Avenged to come out in paperback but I want to read Covet when it comes out! I'll have to wait for someone who's caught up with the BDB books to read Covet and tell me if it's..."

Covet's heroine is in Lover Avenged (we get a little glimpse of her own personal struggles), so in my opinion, it would be nice to meet her there first before reading Covet. But that is just a suggestion.

message 24: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments I didnt like the blurb at all.. So far I am disappointed but I will be getting it anyhow because its Wards work.

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I probably won't buy it.. but I'll definitely read it.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no, Kelley Anne. I was laughing WITH you, because I knew as soon as I got Catching Fire, I would do the same thing. LOL

message 27: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, I know, I was just teasing! Plus, people could really laugh at my reading habits all that they want, and it certainly wouldn't offend me!