The Reading Rainbow Coalition discussion

Discussion > In Honor of Reading Rainbow...

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
Sadly, Reading Rainbow has come to its final chapter. But let's all celebrate its memory by naming our favorite children's book!

Mine is a toss-up between The Velveteen Rabbit and Winnie the Pooh. What about you guys?

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (firefly99) | 27 comments I loved The Last Slice of Rainbow and Other Stories, which is an relatively obscure book of short stories for kids. Anything Dr. Seuss also wins, especially Oh Say Can You Say?

message 3: by ED (new)

ED (stuffbyed) | 2 comments Where the Wild Things Are was my absolute favourite, to the point where I fucking bawled during the trailer, especially when Max yells, "Let the wild rumpus begin!"

message 4: by Billy Jo (new)

Billy Jo (showmebillyjo) The Saggy Baggy Elephant was definitely a favorite, even as I got older. I wore that book out.

message 5: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
I love going to used bookstores and seeing those Golden Books!

message 6: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (firefly99) | 27 comments ED wrote: "Where the Wild Things Are was my absolute favourite, to the point where I fucking bawled during the trailer, especially when Max yells, "Let the wild rumpus begin!""
Just last week I rescued my old copy of Where the Wild Things Are from my parent's garage sale! Can't wait for the movie.

message 7: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (emirabal) | 11 comments Hats for sale i believe it was called

message 8: by Self-propelled (new)

Self-propelled | 40 comments I've never heard of this programme - had no idea the group was named in its honour!