The Fairy Book Club discussion

Exit West
This topic is about Exit West
AUG/SEP 19 - Exit West > Aug-Sep: Exit West

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michaela (misilu) | 36 comments Mod
Who is ready for a new read? This time we have chosen Exit West by Mohsid Hamid. In our quest to travel the world through books, we have reached Pakistan!

If you would like to win a copy of this book head over to our website and enter the competition!

ABOUT THE BOOK:
A New York Times bestseller, the astonishingly visionary love story that imagines the forces that drive ordinary people from their homes into the uncertain embrace of new lands.

In a country teetering on the brink of civil war, two young people meet—sensual, fiercely independent Nadia and gentle, restrained Saeed. They embark on a furtive love affair, and are soon cloistered in a premature intimacy by the unrest roiling their city. When it explodes, turning familiar streets into a patchwork of checkpoints and bomb blasts, they begin to hear whispers about doors—doors that can whisk people far away, if perilously and for a price. As the violence escalates, Nadia and Saeed decide that they no longer have a choice. Leaving their homeland and their old lives behind, they find a door and step through. . . .

Exit West follows these remarkable characters as they emerge into an alien and uncertain future, struggling to hold on to each other, to their past, to the very sense of who they are. Profoundly intimate and powerfully inventive, it tells an unforgettable story of love, loyalty, and courage that is both completely of our time and for all time.

message 2: by Renata (new)

Renata | 30 comments Have heard a lot about this book, and look forward to reading and discussing it.

Annemette | 28 comments I really enjoyed The Reluctant Fundamentalist by the author so I look forward to read this one!

message 4: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (cordeliareads) | 324 comments Mod
This is now closed and the books are on their way to 38 lucky readers!!

message 5: by Andrea M Hayes (new)

Andrea M Hayes | 1 comments Thank you for my free copy. Not started it yet but next on the pile!

Nathalia (natozorrilla) | 12 comments My free copy just arrived! Thank you! Didn't even knew I was one of the lucky readers so you can imagine my surprise. Made my day.

Vicks | 3 comments Thanks for my free copy! Lovely surprise in the post! Not started yet but it’s next in my pile xx

message 8: by Cordelia (new)

Andrea M Hayes wrote: "Thank you for my free copy. Not started it yet but next on the pile!"

Yeyyyy! Have you started it now? :)

message 9: by Cordelia (new)

Nathalia wrote: "My free copy just arrived! Thank you! Didn't even knew I was one of the lucky readers so you can imagine my surprise. Made my day."

Fantastic! Always lovely to receive books in the post, better yet, FREE ones, and better yet, ones you weren't expecting! Have you started reading it yet?

message 10: by Cordelia (new)

Vicks wrote: "Thanks for my free copy! Lovely surprise in the post! Not started yet but it’s next in my pile xx"

Yeyyyyy!