Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

Poirot and Miss.Marple: What do they think about each other?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 24 comments it was always a big question for me: what happens if poirot and ms.Marple meet each other and be forced to work on a murder together?

message 2: by Novin (new)

Novin | 28 comments I was thinking about the very same thing last night!! I think they'd hate each other! Poirot would think of her as a pain in the leg, he'd hate it if the nosy woman helps him, and Miss Marple would think of him as a proud egotistic useless foreigner! :D

message 3: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 24 comments yeah!and beside that, their methods r too different from each other. Ms.Marple is SO active(she's too much active for a woman in her age!!!) but Poirot...well, he's like a cat!i mean he likes to seat beside the fire and THINK about his case.
and have them both in a same case...well, i believe that it will be the beginning of the word war III...

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4562 comments Mod
I think they'd be coming to solve the crime from totally different ends that they would each think the other is doing it wrong. They might like each other, but I don't think they could work together.

Em*bedded-in-books* (embeddedinbooks) we should try and make them solve a case in their own ways. I would like to know who would solve it quicker, and how they would deduce the answer

message 6: by Carolyn F. (new)

I wish she would have written something along those lines, it would be interesting.

message 7: by Shayleigh (new)

Shayleigh (shelsi) | 47 comments I actually read somewhere that Agatha Christie herself said they wouldn't get along. She knew they'd just get into each other's way and fight haha.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan I read that in Roger Ackroyd, the doctor's wife was the inspiration for Miss Marple. In that case, he obviously liked her, or wanted to protect her - he was always kind to women and obviously liked them. Golden Age Detective fiction often uses nosy old ladies - think of Lord Peter Wimsey's bevy of elderly sleuths.

message 9: by Flavia (new)

Flavia | 43 comments well, I think that they would respect each other and that they would work perfect together. Miss Marple getting the information and Poirot putting things together to solve the case. :)
I think that they are completely different, and that makes them perfect together.. But the books would be probably shorter with 2 geniuses, not just one, so I wouldn't like them together..

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

They both work fairly well with the police so maybe they would work together great - although it would be funny if they didn't get along.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (LauraSeeber) | 6 comments I actually think that they would be amused by each other- Hercule Poirot would remind Miss Marple of some busybody in St. Mary Mead, and she would remind him of some older, female version of Captain Hastings, always searching for action. It might be a fun exchange to watch. Laura

message 12: by Tommy (last edited Apr 29, 2014 03:01AM) (new)

Tommy | 9 comments Is there any fan fiction novels featuring these two?