Book lovers discussion

Books > Books that should be series

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Have you read any books that you wish had been made into a series or you can really see working as a series but arent a series?

message 2: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I hope The Host becomes a series! Other than that, not much I guess. Most books end with a sense of finality that it is hard to visualize a next in series.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
The Host is going to be a series which i think is amazing news! :)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) How can she stretch out The Host as a series? It was quite long winded even for one book, nothing happened for ages in it!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Yeah but hopefully the next book will be less drawn out. I think it will be to do with finding more surviours and that kind of thing but something pretty big is going to have to happen as i heard its going to be a trilogy. I cant really see where she is going to go with it but i am excited to find out

message 6: by Hanako (new)

Hanako | 33 comments I agree that there was not enough action in The Host and I hope there will be more in the next books. I am really looking forward to discovering what will happen.

message 7: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Funnily, even the Twilight series had nothing much happening in it for more than half of each book. All the events were towards the last few pages. The first halves were mainly dialogues, infatuations, I-love-Edward, I-love-Bella told over and over, page after page in various different sentences. But I guess there was more charm in that. The Host had very much the same Meyer-ish elements. The only difference being it was good language. I hope she doesn't write a 600-page tome again, but I'd love her to continue the Host series.

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I think Meyer just gets a little carried away setting the scene

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 319 comments There was one book I read a while ago called Sea Change that I thought was sweet and well written. I emailed the writer to ask if she was thinking about making a sequal and she said she was! So, I am on the lookout for the next one!

Also, I would love to see what happened next in the History of Love. I used to think this was good all by itself...and it is...but I recently had a great conversation on a different thread about this book and now I think I would like to see a sequel!

message 10: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Jessica wrote: "There was one book I read a while ago called Sea Change that I thought was sweet and well written. I emailed the writer to ask if she was thinking about making a sequal and she said she was! So, I ..."

Jessica...I'm with you on The History of Love...was that us discussing it?

message 11: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) on the opposite end what about a series that should have either not been done or the books in the seies kept as standalones?

I have one Karen roses's for Me seris.

they are great books and well worth a read.

Characters involved in one book get their own books and some of whats happened is pulled into the current book

However there is a lot of things going on in the story that it can be hard to remember what has hapened in prev stories and keep track esp if there is space between reads.

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 46 comments I don't know if I want every book to become a series. I am a series addict and it could become a very expensive addiction then...my wife would kill me

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I know what you mean! That could get very out of hand. Sometimes theres a book that you really want a sequel to and one doesn't come. I think Twilight would have worked as a stand alone book.

message 14: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) Jo wrote: "I know what you mean! That could get very out of hand. Sometimes theres a book that you really want a sequel to and one doesn't come. I think Twilight would have worked as a stand alone book."

thats true she could have stopped there it would have worked

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't think of any books right now but I know that there are bound to be some hitting me soon.