Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > Re: Voting on our monthly reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Aug 27, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
I wanted to take a moment to mention that if you do not plan to participate in a monthly read (one or the other or both) please do not vote on the poll(s). Or just vote on the poll for the read you plan to participate in :D

The reason I am asking this is because if a book is voted for that people arent going to read but they voted just to vote, the rest of us who plan to read the book will be reading a book we may not have voted for and are stuck reading it.

For the record, I am NOT pointing anyone out, this was just something I seen another group do and thought it made perfect sense!

That make sense?

I hope so!

No one is forced to participate, we would LOVE it if you did but its not a MUST DO thing. Just be respectful to those that do participate :D

Thanks!

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Makes TOTAL sense. I sometimes refrain from voting on a read if I don't plan on reading the book [i.e if I don't have the book or don't plan on buying it:]. Good point Trish.

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Sep 01, 2009 01:22PM) (new)

I also wanted to make a note that we are suggesting and voting well over 2 months in advance.

We have started doing this because a lot of our members expressed that they get their books from the library and we want to make sure everyone can get the books in time so that they may be able to participate (if they choose to do so).

I know this is WAY in advance but I hope this will ensure that everyone who wants to participate can.

When I have 6 suggestions for that month I go ahead and run the poll and I leave it running for a good couple weeks so that everyone may have a chance to vote. I may start doing ti 3 weeks just to be sure.

If anyone has any feedback on how we are doing it please feel free to let us know :D

message 4: by Jessi (last edited Sep 09, 2009 08:53AM) (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Tricia, I have a stupid question, what if you vote for a book you want to read, but a different books wins, one that you have read already or don't want to read?

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Sep 09, 2009 09:19AM) (new)

Well, thats happened to me a couple times, I just end discussing the book with members who are reading a book I have already read.

Or I just dont read it and just read one of the books for that month and work on my other challenges :D

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I've done this Tricia, not voting for a BOM poll because none of the books interested me. This happens alot since I read very little PNR or UF but sometimes there is something like Poison Study that I dearly loved. (Think I missed the poll on this one though lol)

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

lol Am glad it worked out for you then :) It really does suck when a book wins that you really aren't interested in. That has happened to me before. hehe