The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello everyone

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 5 comments I've just joined this site and group. I like most books but do especially like a good thriller or mystery.Hope to get some good sugestions here and maybe read some of the monthly choices.

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Well, we certainly welcome you, Caroline.

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 464 comments Hello Caroline! Who are your favorite crime fiction authors?

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 5 comments Thanks for the welcomes.At the moment my favourites are Jeffery Deaver and Harlon Coban.For a light read about crime I like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.

message 5: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Caroline! Stephanie Plum is fun, isn't she! I'll have to try Harlon Coban again, I think I started with the wrong one, very late in the series, and I couldn't get into it.

Welcome.

message 6: by JP (new)

JP O'Donnell (jpodonnell) | 12 comments Hi Hayes,
I've read almost all of Harlan Coben's books. Try Tell No One or Gone for Good. You should be able to get into those --- real page turners.
JP O'Donnell

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Hello all! I've been a Goodreads member for some time but only recently discovered this group. I'm an avid reader that enjoys all sorts of genres but the "crime and thriller" (however loosely defined) is my favorite. I read both for pleasure and education. I'm always interested in trying new authors, but I do have some favorites: James Elroy, James Lee Burke, J.A. Jance, and more recently Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Olen Steinhauer, and Jo Nesbø.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 45 comments Hi to all. I, too, love James Lee Burke, Harlan Coben, J.A. Jance, etc., etc. Does anyone like Lee Child's books? I can't put one down once I start reading it.

message 9: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Thanks, JP. Will try those.

message 10: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Welcome Matthew, it's a fairly new group, so I'm glad you found us!

message 11: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Hi Sandra, we all look forward to your contributions. Any mystery is a good mystery!

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (manchesterunited) Hello Everyone!
I am thrilled to join up with you guys. Mysteries and thrillers are my favorite reading genres.

Some of my favorite mystery authors include: Harlan Coben, Linwood Barclay, Dick Francis, John Dunning, C.J. Sansom, Jim Butcher, Lee Child (I agree with you Sandra), CJ. Box, Ariana Franklin, Sue Grafton, Bill Pronzini and Marcia Muller.

At any rate, thanks in advance for the great ideas on what I should and should not read. Cheers!

message 13: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 47 comments Hi, Kevin. Welcome to the group! Dick Francis is one of my favorite authors as well. I noticed that you nominated Odds Against for the September group read. Great one! Have you read Even Money yet? It just came out last week.

message 14: by Sakura (new)

Sakura | 15 comments HELLO ALL, I AM NEW TO THE GROUP AS WELL. I AM GOING TO READ A LEE CHILD BOOK CALLED DIE TRYING... HAS ANYONE READ THIS ONE??? IS IT ANY GOOD???

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 45 comments Dear Sakura, First, welcome (I'm new, too, actually), and second, ANY Lee Child book is a great read. You should enjoy him very much. He has written whole series of books about Jack Reacher and they are all good. You probably would like Harlen Coben and Jeffery Deaver and Michael Connolly and John Lescroart and so forth and so on........

message 16: by Sakura (new)

Sakura | 15 comments THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WELCOME AND THE INFO SANDRA. I WILL TRY DIE TRYING. I HAVE SOME OF DEAVERS AND I MAY READ THE BROKEN WINDOW AFTER. ALSO WITH CONNELLY AND LESCROART, DO U HAVE TO READ THEM IN ORDER????

message 17: by Sakura (new)

Sakura | 15 comments Oh yes i am so sorry Fiona. I have a habit of doing that...

message 18: by Sakura (new)

Sakura | 15 comments Thank You for the welcome Fiona

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 45 comments Dear Sakura, the Connolly books are easy to read in any order; the Lescroart books are fun to read in order, as you can watch the characters grow and change and interact. And thanks for the welcome, Fiona (my favorite name). This is a fun place to be for a reader.

message 20: by Sakura (new)

Sakura | 15 comments Thank U Sandra. I will have to check them out now.

message 21: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Nicholas (mystichaze) | 48 comments Hi all kind of not new to the group but I couldn't remember if I introducedmyself or not. so HI love this group.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Jojo! Great to meet you. How's your mojo?:D

message 23: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Nicholas (mystichaze) | 48 comments u mean my kitty?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...yeah. Your kitty.

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1350 comments Hi Jojo, nice to meet you, welcome.

message 26: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Nicholas (mystichaze) | 48 comments mojo is good at kyle hey linda

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Jojo. Hey Linda!:)

message 28: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1350 comments Hi Kyle and Jojo.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Linda!

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Even Money (other topics)