Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Missing isbn...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Elin | 1 comments Is it possible to add a book without a isbn, guess it must be since I've seen several.

For instance "The Glass castle" by Jeannette Walls have several entries without a isbn... That makes it very hard (impossible) to combine editions...

Can something be done about that? It seems unnecessary to have so many entries for one book, when they're all without isbns, pictures or any extra information.

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 2403 comments Elin,

Easy to combine editions. Just click on edit and if the author's name is identical, all those titles can be combined.

I'd manually added many books without ISBNs, but those are books published before there were ISBNs.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 39986 comments Mod
I think Elin means merge, rather than combine. Any version with fewer than 10 ratings/reviews can be deleted, and if it has been combined first, all its ratings/reviews will be moved to the most popular edition. The two with 10 or more, you'll have to ask the SuperUsers! to fix. ;)

message 4: by Jen (last edited Mar 08, 2008 10:46AM) (new)

Jen (istoleahalo) | 42 comments Books without ISBN numbers or ISBN numbers that are duplicates because someone added their book with hyphens drives me nuts. I wish I could just take care of those myself.