The insight? discussion

Anything/Off topic > random:DOWN WITH KINDLE!!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) I would rather have a real book than an ebook. What is with people these days? I would love to see the program crash and burn before their eyes. Technology doesn't need to take over everything.

message 2: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 10 comments i know, i love the feeling of flipping through the pages, and besides after a while the computer screen hurts your eyes.

message 3: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) Sometimes the only way to read a story is online, but that is just when a friend has posted a story. In that case, it is fine. But it is so relaxing to read a book. You can't take a computer with you wherever you go, now can you?

message 4: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 10 comments exactly

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ya i would much rather read a regular book. its awesome to just sit there flipping pages, you know what i mean rite?

and besides, you have to pay hundreds of dollars and then at least 10 dollars per book? i believe it would b super expensive. and u no how much fun it is 2 go to a bookstore? i luv just looking at everything. call me crazy, but i think its fun :]

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with everything you just said. I love seeing my books sitting there on my shelf, just waiting for me. I love watching as the pages go by and seeing all that I've gone through.

Its just amazing :P

message 7: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 376 comments Mod
Ronna wrote: "your not crazy! ;D I love it too. When I go out, I never go to a mall that has no bookstore, ever.

I tried the Kindle out, and it just doesn't feel right to me. There's always the little things ..."

I agree.

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy I'm not concerned about the Kindle. ONe because there will always be people who prefer the physical touch of a book. If they did print less books it would be based on supply and demand so it wouldn't affect anyone who is looking for the paper copy. It wouldn't become rare...that would defeat supply and demand. However, think of alll the paper it would save...all the trees. I am purchasing a Kindle not to buy books but to have allll of my magazines and newspapers sent directly to my Kindle instead of being sent bukly magazines I have to lug to the recyclers anyways. For those of us who love the physical books we will always be able to get them...it will be like iPods and what they did for music. Just because we have iPods and they are everywhere doesn't mean we can't purchase the cd's or even the vinyl records if we want them. They are still out there and for sale. If anything, the iPod has just made the cd's less expensive and it has forced the artists to really add things to the cd's to make them worth our while. Now, if we purchase the cd's we get posters of the artist or tickets to see their next concert or movie. When I bought the sound track to Sex and teh City on CD I got free movie tickets to see the movie! That's progress!