Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Fragment of a book record

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Can anyone make heads or tails of this "book"? I can't match the title to the author or the publisher, and the ISBN has nothin'.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42468 comments Mod
The publisher has nothing remotely relevant by the author (or otherwise); there's nothing on the author's website (including upcoming).

In fact, I can trace each and every example of the ISBN and the title + author back to that (presumably mistaken or made-up Amazon listing).

I'd NAB it.

message 3: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I'm pretty sure it's "The List" instead of "Dangerous Dreams".

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42468 comments Mod
Out of curiosity, how'd you figure that out?

message 5: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I'm not sure it's the title - didn't do anything about it. I said I'm "pretty sure". Just reading the description of the books it refers to "dangerous dreams". I'm going to leave it to someone who knows more about Steve Martini to make the call.

message 6: by AK (new)

AK Mama Reads (reniazen) | 3 comments This listing, wherever it came from, is fictitious. The person who posted the book is either referring to "The List," as mentioned above, or just made up the entry for whatever reason. (I've done some research on Steve Martini and his books to be sure of this.)