Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Yay! Heidi's a Mod! and also the Pretty Windows thread

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I see that the thread titles are properly and humorously updated and I'm thankful that The Heidi has taken some of the burden off of my shoulders. Now I know which discussion contains what and I'm happy I don't feel guilty about not reading all/all of the threads.

I promise I will be back full force, sometime between October and December. I know TC will be well tended in the meantime.

That was the first link that came up when I googled "happy dance" and it makes me grin. I'm sorry Bill Waterson, I know you're rolling in your figurative comics grave, but I love bootlegging your images. And the interwebs just makes it so gosh darn easy to do!

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Woohoo! Yayze for the Heidi!

Sally, where you disappearing to? You've probably announced it but I've been away.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She'd better not disappear! We'll send the dogs after her!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Love the Calvin & Hobbes Sally

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Hi Lori!

I don't know what thread I announced it in (Heidi could probably find it quickly) but I have a deadline coming up for my thesis as well as an article I'm submitting for publication (coauthored with my adviser) and my comprehensive exams. On top of teaching two classes and taking three, I predicted that I'd not be able to devote enough time to my moderator responsibilities, so Heidi stepped up to help out!

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh my GAWD Sally, thesis time on top of all that other stuff, my blood rate went through the roof just reading everything on your plate! But good for you.

And yay again for Heidi for helping out, she's the first person I would think for mod duties.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Don't encourage her! Don't encourage her! Next thing you know we'll have pink curtains and she'll be forcing us all to line dance.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Will not! You take that back. I don't like pink curtains.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

RA, everyone knows she likes pink and purple polka dot curtains, and get out the cowboy boots, she didn't deny the line dancing comment.

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Aug 26, 2009 07:56AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :F

Jim.

Ahem. IF, I did anything at all to the windows, it'd be this:

OR this:

OR maybe even this:

Most likely this:

[image error]

But not curtains. I'm not a fan. I like natural light and pretty windows.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Excellent taste. Just excellent.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Very nice Heidi, natural light is always good.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments what about beads?

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments c'mon bun, some hanging beads, some shag carpet, a lava lamp and a blacklight poster of a tiger?

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heidi needs a title. I propose "Moderator and Window Treatment Guru".

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Pi wrote: "Heidi needs a title. I propose "Moderator and Window Treatment Guru"."

Or most likely to go CAPITAL letter on us! ;-).

message 17: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) While I like the tres Wright windows, I think you should hang small crystals on the windows, it's so much cheaper than a disco ball.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "c'mon bun, some hanging beads, some shag carpet, a lava lamp and a blacklight poster of a tiger?"

Only if you have a bong, too.

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments [with Low Rider playing in the background over the sound of water gurgling:]