Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Your 15 Minutes Of Fame/Kevin is really Gene Simmons/And Interesting Things About "a..bottom"

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Aug 25, 2009 04:37AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments description

I was "caught" on the Kiss Cam smooching my chica Sunday at a minor league baseball game. Made the big screen at a stadium that holds about 7,000. So, what has been your 15 Minutes Of Fame?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 25, 2009 05:53AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hahahahahahahahahahaha....well done, Kevin.

I was once interviewed by the NYC media about airline worker's rights in one of the NYC aiports. I have no idea why. They just stuck a microphone in my face. And another time I was interviewed in the Milwaukee airport about something else. I have to speak with the media about work issues a couple times a year but I usually try really hard to say neutral things and they end up not using my footage/quotes. I don't want to be on tv.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, I also hosted a radio show on which Jesus Lizard made one of their first appearances. That's pretty much my entire punk credibility right there.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I was on CNN when I was running a stop distance test after a major railroad collision in Maryland. Also on camera when I testified at the NTSB public hearing for the same incident.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I only get fifteen minutes?

message 6: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 07:21AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I was featured in several sweeps stories (as everyone on staff at the news station had been at one time or another) - the one that got the most response/concern was the one in which I was "the date rape victim" on a feature about GHB. My grandmother's friends were calling her.

I was also interviewed once on the virtues of soy milk.

Great picture, Kevin. :) How'd you get that still?

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sarah Pi wrote: "I only get fifteen minutes?"

No, you get a million times that.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I only get fifteen minutes?"

You get eleventy billion!

message 9: by Morgan (last edited Aug 25, 2009 07:24AM) (new)

Morgan (neimanmarxist) | 32 comments That's really cool Kevin! What a great romantic memory for you and your lady! My Girl Scout troop was on the Steampipe Alley show way back when (as if anyone remembers that show hehe). It was a kid's game show hosted by Mario Cantone (he was later on Sex and the City).

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Hooray! I don't want it for me, just for my songs.

That said, if your fame is judged by how many people you reached, my moment of greatest fame would probably be my appearance as an extra in several scenes of a mid-90s Showtime series called "Ready or Not".

I've played festivals with crowds of 100 000, but I don't know how many were actually listening.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I listen Sarah

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments when they put the Kiss Cam up i grabbed my wife and said "stand up and kiss me" which she loved so we kissed and then looked up and then kissed and looked up and finally on about the fourth kiss our friends started clapping and my friend Ty had the great idea to grab my camera and take a shot of the scoreboard. Kim loved the whole thing as i think girls want to know that their guy wants to kiss them spontaneously and in public. am i right about this?

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jim - thanks :)
Kevin - Spontaneous kisses (from appropriate parties) are always welcome, in my opinion. And I was going to ask how you managed to get the photo.

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments YES! :)

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ha ha! No. I doubt it. I have nothing on him.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i do, you just can't tell from the picture but she knows

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Too much information, Kevin.

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey, we were kissing!!!

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah, and it's a good picture.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I don't mean to be an attention hog, but I'm pretty sure KD was talking about MY picture. :)

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yes heidi. we know ;)

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 10:26AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Okay I reread that bit. Eww. EWWWWW! Cringing (and intrigued).

Take a picture of your tongue, Kevin! I don't believe you.

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Please don't.

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments just stuck my tongue out all the way

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "just stuck my tongue out all the way"

Why?

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments read up jim (or i could be doing it towards CHI)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "read up jim (or i could be doing it towards CHI)"

They (Cubs)don't deserve that much attention right now.

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Larry wrote: "Please don't."

NO, KEVIN! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! DO IT! TAKE A PICTURE!

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Aw, gee.

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Close your eyes, Larry.

message 31: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2009 11:50AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heidi, you seem to be speaking loudly today. Did you go to a loud show last night? That sometimes happens to me too. :)

message 32: by Kevin (last edited Aug 25, 2009 11:55AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments description

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Pi wrote: "Heidi, you seem to be speaking loudly today. Did you go to a loud show last night? That sometimes happens to me too. :)"

I think that she might naturally be loud, but that is just conjecture on my part.

message 34: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 01:57PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "

"

HAHAHAHAAA!!! That. Is. Awesome. :)

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That reflection off the top blinded me to the the ... you know.

message 36: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 12:03PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Heidi, you seem to be speaking loudly today. Did you go to a loud show last night? That sometimes happens to me too. :)"

Nah, Sarah P. Same as I am every day - just easily excitable. :) My stepmom actually used to give me flack for talking quietly. She called me mousy. I just couldn't hear out of one of my ears. I've fixed that.

message 37: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ok, enough fun. back to work..... (kinda)

message 38: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 12:14PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Can you guys touch your nose with your tongue?

I can. :) I can also twitch my nostrils, move my ears in sync or individually, raise my eyebrows (also in sync or individually)...

Parlor tricks, anyone?

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I can wiggle my ears, but my eyebrows move with them, which looks pretty goofy. I think it was part of my poker tell.

I cannot do any of the other things you mentioned.

My parlor is empty of tricks. :(

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments 33 is fantastic...I think we all take up Kevin's mantle and take similar pics.

message 41: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments AHEM. I started it with my av. >:F

message 42: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments but not trying to be an attention hog though. right heidi?

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey hides, it was my smooching thread to begin with

message 44: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 01:34PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :-/ Fine. I won't post in your thread ever again.

message 45: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments you are always welcome. as a matter of fact i just changed the name so you know this to be true

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Interesting things about Heidi?

"Heidi has been known to housesit animals of all shapes and sizes."

message 47: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2009 02:09PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Noooo! GAH! ::blinks:: Now I'm embarrassed/blushing/ready to crawl back into my shell. :-/

I'm boring! Talk about yourselves... your pets... anything else but me! You guys are interesting peeps! Okay, seriously... I'll leave this thread to everyone else now. Going. Leaving.

message 48: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) DON'T LEAVE!!!!

message 49: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I just want to point out that Heidi knows taekwondo and also has an insanely cute dog (who trys to steal grilled cheese sandwiches...:):):)

message 50: by Félix (last edited Aug 25, 2009 02:38PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) tae who?

« previous 1