Arcadia Public Library Book Group discussion

Double Bind

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arcadia (new)

Arcadia Public Library | 2 comments Mod
This book really surprised me. I had no idea that there was such a big twist at the end. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Faust-moreno | 2 comments I enjoyed the book... I do wish that The Great Gatsby wasn't so interwoven with the story. The reader realized at the end that of the novel that many of the events were untrue. Now it makes me wonder was it all in the imagination of the heroine. Someday I will read Double Bind again for clues that the author leaves.

message 3: by Denice (new)

Denice | 5 comments One thing we didn't mention at the end of the group discussion: Laurel, I believe was beginning to take a step toward healing by having her hallucinatory characters tell her she was raped. Her mind was pushing her to the truth.

message 4: by Denice (new)

Denice | 5 comments The Namesake
I wish he'd answered more questions about his dad, but I bet Gogol wished his dad had answered more questions too. I didn't like the third person distance because there was so little dialog breaking it up. But he wanted us to feel like an outsider like he did. Interesting experience and family dynamics.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Double Bind (other topics)