What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Two main groups of mages contend for power [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments Ok, I read this book, might have been a series. I remember being confused as to who the good/bad guys were, it might have just been my young mind though. So anyway, there were two main groups of wizards, and one was like an outcast like group. There was a lot of gate like travel, and the reason why I got confused was because it seemed like the outcasts were the good guys until at some point in the story they might have been revealed to be the bad guys? Make any sense? I cant remember much beyond that, I do know that both groups had titles in a way. Please I hope someone knows this story so I can go back and read it and hopefully not be confused anymore.

message 2: by Zach (new)

Zach | 3 comments Sounds a lot like The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko.

message 3: by Dana (last edited Jan 23, 2010 07:04PM) (new)

Dana (ngom) | 2 comments Possibly the Exiles series (The Ruins of Ambrai & The Mageborn Traitor) by Melanie Rawn? The Mage Guardians vs The Lords of Malerris, and they traveled through portals called Ladders?

Edited to add the book covers, if that helps:

The Ruins of Ambrai (Exiles, #1) by Melanie Rawn

The Mageborn Traitor (Exiles, #2) by Melanie Rawn

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments Dana, Your awesome! This sounds like the books i remember reading. Im so excited to go back and read these!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Wow -- after nearly three years!

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments I gave up hope after like 6 months of this post being a bust.