Brain Science Podcast discussion

Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
This topic is about Spark
2014 > BSP 111 Exercise and the Brain

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Campbell (GingerCampbell) | 311 comments Mod
Tomorrow I will be posting BSP 111, which is a re-edited version of my 2008 interview with Dr. John Ratey about his best-seller, Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain.

If you aren't already subscribed to the Brain Science Podcast go to http://brainsciencepodcast.com now to learn more.

message 2: by Ginger (new) - added it

Here are the links for BSP 111:

audio file (mp3)

Detailed show notes and transcript

message 3: by David (new)

David Mcdivitt | 65 comments I loved this episode! I remember the original. It has so much stuff. When I tell people they have to hear it, I find myself talking very fast trying to describe all of it. Exercise, stress, brain development through movement, plasticity, new growth and change, staving off depression, the episode is packed with so much. I've been fudging on my exercise lately, allowing myself to be complacent. The neat thing about episodes like this is, there is plain and clear evidence of what is better, and it's easier to cognitively override laziness after hearing it.

message 4: by Ginger (new) - added it

Thanks for the feedback David.

This is still one of my favorite interviews.

message 5: by Mommalibrarian (new)

Mommalibrarian | 1 comments Can you cover blood brain barrier in a future podcast. During this one I was confused at the implication that glutimates ingested in Nutrisweet would get into the brain? Also stem cells produced in the body would get into the brain.

unread topics | mark unread