Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to Choose a Disambig

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindig (new)

Lindig | 167 comments I need step-by-step how-to, please.

If I know an author on a list needs to belong to a different list, exactly how do I choose? Do I open a new tab, call up the Master Disambig List, and -- what -- click on the one I want to see how many spaces I need? And then go back and put those spaces into the name to make it go to the proper author's list?

Or what? I'm confused.

JG (Introverted Reader) | 472 comments You're pretty much right. You'll need to look at the master disambig list, but the number of space you need corresponds to the number of that author. Ie (1)Anne Bishop gets one space between Anne and Bishop and (2)Anne Bishop gets two spaces. Then you do go back and add the correct number of spaces to the author you're looking at.

You are asking about making sure a book goes to the correct previously-disambiguated author, right?

message 3: by Lindig (last edited Aug 23, 2009 11:31PM) (new)

Lindig | 167 comments Right. I know author a gets one space, e.g. but don't know how many spaces author b or c or d should get. I didn't know that their number on the list corresponds to how many spaces they get -- very useful tip. Thanks!