Books in the Freezer discussion

The Family Plot
This topic is about The Family Plot
MAY 2019- THE FAMILY PLOT > THE FAMILY PLOT- Chapters 6-10

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stephanie (That's What She Read) (thatswhatshereadvlog) | 71 comments Mod
What about this story is different from other haunted house narratives? Do you have any predictions? Have any of your predictions come true?

Sandy Lewis | 9 comments I like that the fake cemetery is not fake, which is what I’d thought any way. The pace is picking up now and I’m ready for it. Even though I’ve enjoyed reading it so far it’s been a rather slow burn

message 3: by Josée Leon (new) - added it

Josée Leon (join_bookland) I'm almost done Chapter 8 and sadly I'm DNFing this one. I don't find the writing very strong or compelling. I hope that the rest of you will be able to enjoy it.

message 4: by R.E. (new) - added it

R.E. Feiner (book_void) | 2 comments I'm not sure how this book differs from other haunted house stories. This is only the second one I've ever read. (I messed up before in saying it's the first. I read the Haunting of Hill House a month or two ago.)

Anywho... I'm not sure what to expect and I'm not going to pretend I have any idea. This book is a bit all over the place. It went from a few ghost glimpses to a murder conspiracy in a few chapters.

Mostly, I want to know what's up with the greased up bathroom. Even without a shower curtain, restrooms aren't THAT slippery... It's borderline comical. There are a lot of occurrences that seem random or off. The dialogue is also like this at times. People don't react in a way that makes sense. They're being very unreasonable and erratic. I wonder partly if this has something to do with the house/spirits/spiritual energy, especially when it comes to the petty behavior between Dolly and Bobby.

Brad was my favorite character until chapter 10 when he lost it. pro tip: leave all graves (even fake ones) alone! I don't even breathe when I pass cemeteries because as a child my mother told me it was rude to breath around the dead since they no longer could. Strange but true. :|
Graves creep me out. Child death scares me more though. I'm hoping that's not a part of this story but I have a bad feeling it might be...

Patrick (patrickreads27) | 11 comments I've only read a few haunted house stories and this one is pretty unique. I only had one prediction which was true I had strong feeling that there was an actual cemetary. As of now, I still don't know what to expect.

Laura (thelaurbrary) | 8 comments I feel most haunted house stories are about a family/person moving into a haunted house without knowing, or people going to investigate a haunted house (ex: Hell House or The Haunting of Hill House). This story is so unique in the fact that it was just supposed to be a job and even though most of the characters are related, not all of them are and that’s not the main reason they’re all there together. It’s not how you would expect a haunted house story to unfold, but it’s awesome that it’s so different.

As for predictions, of course I knew the graveyard wasn’t actually fake. I feel like that’s pretty obvious if you’ve read/seen horror at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ also, I had a feeling the girl in the yellow dress (Abigail) was pregnant when Dahlia was looking through the album and said there was something about her but she wasn’t sure what. Now, we don’t know for sure she was pregnant in that picture but we know she most likely had a kid. I still think Dahlia and Brad are gonna make out or have sex at some point, but I could be wrong about that one. I just hope he’s not in some weird “bullshit” psychosis if that does happen. We’ll see!