IRED Bookclub discussion

discussions > The Picture of Dorian Gray pre-reading discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonas (new)

Jonas Pihl | 64 comments Mod
For discussing The Picture of Dorian Gray before we start reading. What expectations do you have? What are your concerns? What have you heard of the book? Etc.

This also means that there'll be no spoilers in this thread!

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (nomadpenguin) | 14 comments Just a heads up for anyone reading digitally, there's a Standard Ebooks version of the book: https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/osc...

Standard Ebooks is a community driven project that takes Project Gutenberg texts and converts them into beautifully typeset e-books. They also check the Gutenberg texts against print versions and fix any typographical or spelling mistakes. I would encourage anyone who uses an e-reader to check them out!

message 3: by N.M. (new)

N.M. (nmbrome) | 57 comments Mod
Christopher wrote: "Just a heads up for anyone reading digitally, there's a Standard Ebooks version of the book: https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/osc...

Standard Ebooks is a community..."

Awesome! Thanks Christopher

message 4: by Jonas (new)

Jonas Pihl | 64 comments Mod
I got the book in the mail, so I'll start as soon as I'm finished with the book I'm currently reading. Looking forward to it!

I know of Dorian Gray from the move The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which I used to be obsessed with. I knew that all the characters were based on books, but I never really looked into any of them other than Allan Quartermain and the Invisible Man (neither of which I ended up reading either - more books for our pool!). I do remember really liking Dorian Gray, and thought the whole idea of his him was super cool, so I'm excited to get to it. I'm sure there'll be a bit of nostalgia in it for me.

I gotta watch that movie again.

message 5: by N.M. (new)

N.M. (nmbrome) | 57 comments Mod
Jonas wrote: "I got the book in the mail, so I'll start as soon as I'm finished with the book I'm currently reading. Looking forward to it!

I know of Dorian Gray from the move The League of Extraordinary Gentle..."

I've never seen it but it sounds good!