2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Targeted  (Hostage Rescue Team #2)
This topic is about Targeted
Targeted > Question N

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
How was the balance of romance and suspense/action?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments Very good. I was balanced and I like it when it is.

Laura | 244 comments Lol - poor since I didn’t feel the romance at all.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I thought it was pretty well balanced. I would have liked a bit more romance however.

I loved the balance, of course because I prefer the action.

Laura, what was missing from the romance for you?

Laura | 244 comments Jonetta wrote: "I loved the balance, of course because I prefer the action.

Laura, what was missing from the romance for you?"

I did not feel any passion or chemistry at all between the two of them. I really liked them in the previous book and I had high hopes but it seemed like a handshake deal to me. It’s like they shook on it and he went home. See you tomorrow. I get they had history and were partners but we didn’t experience it first hand. The night after they agreed to give it a go he came over for dinner with Celida and Zoe but again we didn’t experience it . We were just told about it after the fact in passing. It was their first “date” since declaring their commitment and it wasn’t worth reading about?I also thought using his dad as an excuse for why he didn’t visit her when she was recovering didn’t fly with me. I can’t really explain it just a disconnect with those two.

Laura, thanks for weighing in (I had to leave on a 5 hour road trip so sorry for being so late). I get why you felt disconnected.

You make some great points, the “telling” versus experiencing of the interactions. Maybe that’s why the romance felt rushed to me, too. It felt lusty versus romantic.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I thought it felt rushed too. And it did seem odd to me also that he wouldn't visit her when she was recovering.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments Laura, you make some really valid points and I agree too, especially about Zoe being there for their first date and his poor excuse for not visiting her when she was injured.