2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Targeted  (Hostage Rescue Team #2)
This topic is about Targeted
Targeted > Question G

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4882 comments Mod
Ken’s target was the HRT. Did you believe he would kill the hostages? Were you surprised to learn he didn’t kill Mike Ippolito, the bank security guard?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments I really didn't know if he would or wouldn't kill the hostages. After he didn't kill any of them, and protected them in the vault, I wasn't surprised he didn't kill the security guard.

Laura | 244 comments I was surprised he didn’t kill the guard. I wonder if the child being there influenced him.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I did wonder if he killed the guard. I thought he possibly would kill the other hostages but felt a bit more strongly that he wouldn't because his wife and son were killed and he wouldn't want another family to go through what he had.

This man spent most of his life as a law and order guy. He served in the military and lived an honorable life. He became singularly focused on seeking revenge against the people he believed were responsible for his family’s death but obviously hadn’t lost his humanity. When he protected that janitor, I knew he’d be challenged in killing those hostages. When he let Catherine and her daughter leave the bank, I was convinced. Yes, I was thrown when it appeared he killed the guard but there was a part of me that still had hope he hadn’t.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments The only reason I thought he might have killed the guard was that he would equate him with authority. But once he let Catherine and her daughter leave, I thought he would not kill the hostages if he could prevent it.

I wondered about that, too, Karen. But he clearly was only interested in HRT.