2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Targeted  (Hostage Rescue Team #2)
This topic is about Targeted
Targeted > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
When Tuck finally tells Celida of his true feelings, he gives her an ultimatum that she must be all in or nothing. When she refuses to talk about her PTSD after he’d bared his soul about his father, Tuck walks away for good. Was that fair or was he asking too much too soon?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments It was a lot to ask, especially since they had just reconnected. Making her commit was tough for her but his ultimatum proved he was dead serious.

Laura | 244 comments I thought this whole aspect of the story was bizarre. They had hardly reconnected and they were making rules and agreements like it was a business deal. They agreed to give it a go and Tuck is like OK. sounds good see you tomorrow bye I’m like what? Their getting together was nothing like I imagined it would be. No banter or anything.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I think that he went a bit far. They had just gotten together. And it was all or nothing? I guess you could look at it as he was really serious about their relationship. I just thought it was a bit soon.

These two knew each other well, by their own admissions and their inner musings. They’d been partners for three years. Tuck knew her history, that she’d hold back and run at the first opportunity. He was unwillingly to accept the traditional behaviors she’d always done in previous relationships. When she immediately held back at the first test, Tuck made a decision to bail then before he became more invested. It was extreme but it was the right decision for him in that moment. She got to make a choice, too. Open up to this man she said she cared about or walk away. She chose him.

Yes, he gave her an ultimatum but she was tough enough to know her own mind and feelings to reject his demand or accept it. I don’t think he was asking too much but she was of him. She was asking him to be open with her but she wasn’t willing to do the same. This was their big moment and she was choosing to walk away.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I think you've changed my mind on this one, Jonetta. They just got together romantically but had been friends/co-workers for quite a while.

I definitely had the impression they knew each other inside and out, even that there were shared romantic feelings.