2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Targeted  (Hostage Rescue Team #2)
This topic is about Targeted
Targeted > Question A

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4825 comments Mod
Celida is suffering from PTSD and consumed with guilt over her not being able to prevent Rachel Grainger’s abduction. Did she have a reason to feel guilty? Was that possibly stemming from her worry about her gender being a factor?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1247 comments No, Celida wasn't responsible for Rachel's being taken. The FBI is responsible because they had no one but her protecting Rachel. No team, nobody watching the stairs or parking. The FBI messed up, not Celida who has proven that her gender isn't a factor.

Laura | 244 comments I don’t think she was responsible for all the reasons Anita said, but it is understandable that she feels she is.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I agree with both of you. It wasn't her responsibility but I could see why she would feel that way. I think she possibly feels (even though it is not the case) that she isn't as capable as her male counterparts.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4825 comments Mod
Law enforcement officers take their responsibility for protection seriously. Those guys getting the jump on her made her feel inept. Then she piles on her insecurity about measuring up like the men and she’s created a toxic brew. Celida was so hard on herself and by not talking to anyone, she cut off any hope of someone cutting off that internal conversation.

No way should she have felt guilty but it was inevitable that she would. She’s just wired that way.