EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up Book Club discussion

RECOMMENDATION REQUESTS > Looking for a good one!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) I am currently stuck. I want to read a good world-building book but most of them are YA or ones I have read already. Any recommendations for an in-depth world building novel or series?

message 2: by Duane (new)

Duane Huffman | 1 comments You can try mine. I just published it. It's called Battle to Save the Soul of The Universe. It's enrolled in Kindle unlimited. It's a LOTR meets Star Wars type fiction.

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 861 comments Mod
Hey Beth,

I didn't like this but it may be up your street: The Name of the Wind.

I haven't read this but have been recommended many times: The Final Empire

I think Northern Lights (His Dark Materials trilogy) is fantastic.

I saw that you liked Outlander. Have you tried any of the other books in the series?
I also saw that you didn't like Game of Thrones. I'd be interested to know why, then maybe I can get a feel for what you are looking for.

message 5: by Shelley (last edited May 03, 2019 06:22AM) (new)

Shelley | 96 comments How about a trio of trilogies? I'll give you the title of the first book in each trilogy.

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. (Winternight Trilogy) All three books have been published.

The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty. (Daevabad Trilogy) The first two books have been published.

The Waking Land by Callie Bates. (Waking Land Trilogy). Book three should be available in June.

message 7: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 861 comments Mod
Hey Beth, did any of the suggestions work for you?