What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

King's Blood Four (Land of the True Game, #1)
This topic is about King's Blood Four
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy novel where a creepy character has a mind control power called Beguilement. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antony (new)

Antony Strutt | 2 comments I have hazy memories of reading a Fantasy book in my teens. The only concrete thing I can remember about the book is that at least one character (I think a creepy and manipulative character) had a power called Beguilement (like mind control). I think he was a professor or tutor to the main character, who was probably a teen boy. I think it might have been implied he was using this power for sexual reasons.
I read it probably 20 years ago and I don't think it was new then.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 243 comments You might have luck with one of these lists https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/mi....

Bryn (Plus Others) (brynplusplus) | 186 comments This is almost certainly King's Blood Four -- it ticks all the boxes (student/teacher, Beguilement, fantasy).

message 4: by Antony (new)

Antony Strutt | 2 comments Bryn (Plus Others) wrote: "This is almost certainly King's Blood Four -- it ticks all the boxes (student/teacher, Beguilement, fantasy)."

This seems to fit perfectly as I also remember there were very strict rules to magic classifications and I had vague feelings of chess or strategy games.

I think we can move this one to solved - thank you so much!