Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Archetype West: The Pacific Coast as a Literary Region
This topic is about Archetype West
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > adding cover image

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B.J. (new) - added it

B.J. Omanson | 19 comments I have a cover image for this book, Archetype West, but I don't see the menu option to add cover images, even though I'm a librarian. Can someone add it for me, or show me how to access the option to do it myself?

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:33PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments Hi B.J.

What is the source of your cover image? We always have to be sure the image meets the Goodreads criteria for acceptable sources for covers and book data.

To add a cover image to an existing listing, use the edit function to open the record. On the right side of the page is "Add a cover image for this book," with a "Choose file" button beneath it. Select "Choose file," navigate to the image file on your computer, and select the file.

Especially when adding cover images, please leave a brief note in the "Change comments" section indicating what you did and the source of the image. (Example: Added cover image from scan of book in hand). Select Save, then review the book listing to be sure it looks the way you intended.

Do you have any additional information you could add to the Archetype West record?

message 3: by B.J. (new) - added it

B.J. Omanson | 19 comments Apparently I only have permission to edit the metadata, even though I'm listed as a librarian. The source for the cover image is my own copy of the book.

Dobby0390 wrote: "Hi B.J.

What is the source of your cover image? We always have to be sure the image meets the Goodreads criteria for acceptable sources for covers and book data.

To add a cover image to an existi..."

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments OK, we can use that. Upload the image to a sharing site (such as Dropbox) or to https://www.goodreads.com/photo/new

Post the link here, and we'll get it added to the record for you.

message 5: by Kakha (new)

Kakha (kakha_k) | 112 comments I finally found here a clear answer on my question about scanned images as book covers.
Thank you, Dobby0390.

message 6: by B.J. (new) - added it

B.J. Omanson | 19 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "OK, we can use that. Upload the image to a sharing site (such as Dropbox) or to https://www.goodreads.com/photo/new

Post the link here, and we'll get it added to the record for you."

Here's the link to the photo of Archetype West.
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

message 7: by Dobby (last edited Apr 24, 2019 07:34PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments Thanks, B.J. Cover image added from your scan. I found an AbeBooks listing that had a basic description and page count, so I added those as well.

You may remove the photos from your personal photos when you wish.

message 8: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments Kakha wrote: "I finally found here a clear answer on my question about scanned images as book covers.
Thank you, Dobby0390."

You're very welcome, Kakha. 🙂

message 9: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Callaway | 2 comments I asked to have my cover images uploaded back on 4/11, again on 4/20, with a follow up on 4/22 and still have not received any response myself. Would love to know how you got a response so quickly.

message 10: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Callaway | 2 comments Don't know who just saw my question, but the image is now up. Thank you so much!

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Apr 24, 2019 09:04PM) (new)

rivka | 42033 comments Mod
Eldon wrote: "I asked to have my cover images uploaded back on 4/11, again on 4/20, with a follow up on 4/22 and still have not received any response myself. Would love to know how you got a response so quickly."

Your posts above are your first posts in this group. You started a discussion on the book page itself, which people only see if they are already on the book's page or happen to be browsing the many many new topics added daily.

Covers added for both editions from their respective Amazon pages.

Also, It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. I am closing this thread. Start new ones (in this group!) for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.