A Long Story Short discussion

The Bride Collector
This topic is about The Bride Collector

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

A Long Story  Short Co. (alongstoryshortco) | 79 comments Mod
Leave your final thoughts on Cinder here and what would you rate it 1-5? Remember, this is the thread where spoilers are free game so if you haven't finished, beware!

message 2: by Katelyn (last edited Apr 22, 2019 04:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katelyn  R. (katelynhope) | 46 comments I would give this 4 out of 5 stars

I really liked this book! It has so many different layers that I don't even know where to start! First of all, I really like the fact that the story is told from all points of view INCLUDING the killer's. While a "who done it" surprise ending can be nice, knowing who the killer is and seeing how their mind works is so much better and gives the reader so many more emotions, sometimes even feeling empathy for the killer. All of the character's are connected in their own ways. They parallel one another in that the ones considered psychotic in CWI are really not that much different from the rest of society on the outside. They just think differently and cope with it differently. However, Paradise Brad and Quinton all really reflect each other, they all just cope differently and act as triggers for each other. The theme of Intelligence vs Psychotic Instability is through out the entire novel and really effects every character. It is almost like a scale. The intelligent way in which they perceive the world causes their psychotic breaks, but at the same time their intelligence can help them realize what is happening and cope with it. I think that it is said best when Cass says "I'm mentally ill" and Brad replies "Aren't we all".