The Readers Review: Literature from 1714 to 1910 discussion

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
2018/19 Group Reads - Archives > Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass - Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator (new)

Gem  Paullin | 747 comments Mod
Firstly, I'd like to apologize to the group. When I selected the books for the May poll I didn't realize that Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There was less than 100 pages. Therefore we are going to be reading, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, both books. I wanted to something fun and light as we head into the Summer (Winter in the Southern Hemisphere).

The Reading Schedule will be as follows:

May 1 - 8 / Alice in Wonderland ~ Preface, Christmas Greetings & Ch. 1 - 6
May 9 - 16 / Alice in Wonderland ~ Ch. 7 - 12
May 17 - 24 / Through the Looking Glass - Preface, Introduction & Ch. 1 - 6
May 25 - 31 / Through the Looking Glass - Ch, 6 - 12

I hope you all are looking forward to this as much as I am. I've only Read Alice in Wonderland once and I've never read Through the Looking Glass.

Happy Passover & Easter to those who celebrate and Happy Reading!

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 270 comments Where is the Through the Looking Glass thread?

message 3: by Gem , Moderator (new)

Rafael wrote: "Where is the Through the Looking Glass thread?"

I just posted it. My weekend schedule was interrupted. Sorry it was late.

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 270 comments It's fine.

message 5: by Suki (new)

Suki St Charles (goodreadscomsuki_stcharles) | 31 comments I've read these books so many times, and I adore them! I'm going to give them a reread this weekend-- I have a large annotated version, and I just didn't have the time in May to give it the attention it deserves, so my comments will be a little late.

message 6: by Gem , Moderator (new)

Suki wrote: "I've read these books so many times, and I adore them! I'm going to give them a reread this weekend-- I have a large annotated version, and I just didn't have the time in May to give it the attenti..."

No worries, I look forward to your thoughts.

Micah Genest | 7 comments Would so really enjoy to have a discussion around Through the Looking Glass, and also Adventures in Wonderland. Two/one fairy tale children's novel(s) for confused modern sensibilities, allusions, and an currently overcast blanket of enjoyment void of playful analysis.

Anyone up to it?