The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

Ruin (The Faithful and the Fallen, #3)
This topic is about Ruin

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
A group to discuss all thoughts and reactions on Ruin, the third book in The Faithful and the Fallen.

message 2: by William (last edited Jun 20, 2019 01:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think that Ruin has my favourite duel of all time! I'm sure if you have read it you know what I mean. Who else absolutely loved it?

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Are we talking the duel between C and S? I ask because the books all blend together for me. If we are you are right. That duel was absolutely amazing! Really high stakes and I had no idea how it was gonna turn out.

David wrote: "Are we talking the duel between C and S? I ask because the books all blend together for me. If we are you are right. That duel was absolutely amazing! Really high stakes and I had no idea how it wa..."

Oh yes I am. Such a whirlwind of emotions with no predictable outcome. Brilliant scene!

Edward | 59 comments Mod
David wrote: "Are we talking the duel between C and S? I ask because the books all blend together for me. If we are you are right. That duel was absolutely amazing! Really high stakes and I had no idea how it wa..."

I remember reading the duel for the first time and I was just in shock the whole time. Such an amazing sequence to events there.

message 6: by Aram (new) - added it

Aram Brazilian (abrazilian) | 20 comments Just finished Ruin at 8,000 feet above sea level in Yellowstone Park... not sure if I am short of breath because of the story or if it's the elevation...

Aram wrote: "Just finished Ruin at 8,000 feet above sea level in Yellowstone Park... not sure if I am short of breath because of the story or if it's the elevation..."

Wow Ruin really has travelled far! I blame the book, especially when considering that ending....

message 8: by Aram (new) - added it

Aram Brazilian (abrazilian) | 20 comments and you were right about Maquin - loving him more and more and more

Aram wrote: "and you were right about Maquin - loving him more and more and more"

Great to know! What point are you at now?

message 10: by Aram (last edited Sep 09, 2019 12:22PM) (new) - added it

Aram Brazilian (abrazilian) | 20 comments about to start chapter 11 "Maquin" of Wrath - Jael and and Gundul were just interrupted by the sounds of battle... so yeah, I am feeling good about what is probably coming up....

Aram wrote: "about to start chapter 11 "Maquin" of Wrath - Jael and and Gundul were just interrupted by the sounds of battle... so yeah, I am feeling good about what is probably coming up...."

Hope you enjoy.... Be great to hear what you thought after that next section :)

message 12: by Aram (last edited Sep 09, 2019 05:59PM) (new) - added it

Aram Brazilian (abrazilian) | 20 comments pushed ahead and... "For Kastell" - wow that was great... "no denying"... and I like how I thought it would happen earlier and then when it didn't I figured I was in for a long wait, but then... I wasn't... and it happened... and I was happy - loved the pacing on how it went down - like a fisherman letting out the line before pulling it back in for the kill

Aram wrote: "pushed ahead and... "For Kastell" - wow that was great... "no denying"... and I like how I thought it would happen earlier and then when it didn't I figured I was in for a long wait, but then... I ..."

It was one of my favourite pieces of the entire series. Glad you enjoyed it as well. Hope that continues :)

Truth and Courage!

message 14: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim | 1 comments finished ruin this morning, gonna start part 4 tomorrow, i cried so hard at the ending first time crying over a book.

Jim wrote: "finished ruin this morning, gonna start part 4 tomorrow, i cried so hard at the ending first time crying over a book."

TRUTH AND COURAGE!

Ruin seems to have that effect. I remember the first time I read it... John Gwynne can be a very bad man. He has a lot to answer for!

Let us know how you get on with Wrath :)

Hannah (green_wonderland_home) | 12 comments I loved Ruin. It had me putting the book down shouting 'wait what?!' numerous times. There was so many twists and betrayals that I never saw coming. I felt like it was lining up the chess pieces in this book (good guys finally meeting up etc.) and that the good guys were finally getting some wins.... And then the last chapters happened! I was in shock and had to wait a few days before starting Wrath. It was such a whirlwind.

message 17: by Hannah (last edited Jan 28, 2021 07:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah (green_wonderland_home) | 12 comments Sharing my scrapbook page on the masterpiece that is Ruin. Added sparkle because why not!!

I loved drawing this book as it just felt like the animals were the stars! It's my favourite of the four pages I've done for 'The Faithful and the Fallen' series.

If you want to see more I'm on Instagram - @green_wonderland_home :)

Donna Bull | 14 comments Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, what what?!?!??? That just killed me, that ending. Holy hell and the twists, Ektor, the prophecy, Just wow, wow and wow. Don't know what else to say other than damn you John!! Making me care so much. Maquin has become one of my favorite characters ever, that man seriously needs a break. Phenomenal.

Donna wrote: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, what what?!?!??? That just killed me, that ending. Holy hell and the twists, Ektor, the prophecy, Just wow, wow and wow. Don't know what else to say other than damn you Joh..."

Hahah, Ruin has a tendency to literally "ruin" people. That ending is just.... so heartbreaking. Cannot compare it to any other book. Maquin is so, so awesome. THE OLD WOLF!

Chris Joynt | 1 comments My wife is reading Ruin right now! She’s not typically a fantasy reader, but she admits she loves this series. Its almost as exciting to watch her go through the ups and downs as it was to experience them myself.

Chris wrote: "My wife is reading Ruin right now! She’s not typically a fantasy reader, but she admits she loves this series. Its almost as exciting to watch her go through the ups and downs as it was to experien..."

I love watching someone else read something I loved, or talk to them about it, as long as they feel the same :). Glad your wife does seem to be immersed, and hope that continues. Seems like you're living through her at the moment aha.