Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > I need recomendations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nidia (new)

Nidia López (soynidis) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'm just looking for sweet romantic books (not historical) that aren't very explicit, I mean I don't mind the sex scenes but I don't like explicit sex scenes or oral sex or dirty talk, I don't enjoy it :/ can you guys give me some recomendations. Thankyou :)

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 147 comments Hi, Nidia!

Here are two that meet your criteria: Just One Of The Guys by Kristan Higgins and The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman. I really liked both of them and thought the writers were very strong.

How do you feel about Austenesque novels set in the modern day? One with a ton of charm is Longbourn Library: A Novel of Pride, Prejudice, and Books by Trudy Wallis.

And I'd like to recommend one that's a little historical, if I may (are the 1920s too far back for you?): The Wrong Envelope by Liz Treacher. To me, the 1920s feel very modern but you might feel differently.

What all these books have in common are charm without cuteness and a lively sense of humor.

Of course, the group has a huge bookshelf you can scan but it's hard to know what the books are like.

Happy reading!

message 3: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 56 comments Meg Cabot's Boy Series, if you like chick lit
Jenny Colgan - the romance is more secondary to the main character's personal journey

message 4: by Remi (new)

Remi Carrington | 9 comments You might enjoy my Bluebonnets & Billionaires series. They are all set in Texas.

Next Door to the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires, #1) by Remi Carrington Charmed by the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires, #2) by Remi Carrington Second Chance with the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires, #3) by Remi Carrington

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona West (fionawestauthor) I've got a fantasy romance you might enjoy. The Ex-Princess I also just finished #Moonstruck by Sariah Wilson, and it was really good, very clean, but good romantic tension. #Moonstruck

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hodges | 8 comments I think you would enjoy my book. Gingerly It's a contemporary chick lit and romance hybrid, and it's a fun read. It's set in St. Simons Island, Georgia, and I'm working on a sequel due to readers' requests.

Gingerly by Rachel Hodges

message 7: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 23 comments For something a little different, you can try my paranormal romance (shifters): Knight (Sons of the Alpha, #1) by Addison Carmichael Heir (Sons of the Alpha, #2) by Addison Carmichael KNIGHT (Sons of the Alpha #1), and HEIR (Sons of the Alpha #2 - just released). There are several of us PNR writers who enjoy the genre but not the stereo typical sex and bad language that has become the norm: Heather Karn, Julie Trettel, Lynn Nodima, Errin Stevens, to name a few.

message 8: by Pixie (new)

Pixie Perkins (thepixieperkins) | 5 comments Maybe some of Victorine E. Lieske's books or Anne-Marie Meyer's books?

They're clean and I've enjoyed reading several of them. :)

message 9: by nss (last edited Apr 29, 2019 06:27PM) (new)

nss (sugarfanatic) | 3 comments Shanna Hatfield is great for clean romances. No sex scenes or anything dirty. There are some suggestive remarks here and there but absolutely nothing that would make you want to forget what you've just read. Also, Laura Beers writes nice clean romance. Her novels are set in regency era but you might enjoy them:)

message 10: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 87 comments Welcome Nidia!

Here are some books you might enjoy :-)

1) What He Wants by Jessie Gussman

2) Fiance by Fate by Jennifer Shirk

3) Kissing the Maid of Honor by Robin Bielman

4) Her Backup Boyfriend by Ashlee Mallory

5) She Loves Me, He Loves Me Not by Zeenat Mahal

6) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

I'd also like to mention my recently published book. Hope that's okay :-)

The book is titled:

The One for Me The One for Me by Ramla Zareen Ahmad

It's a light-hearted, romantic fiction, set in modern-day Pakistan.

You can check it out if you like :-)

Thank you!

message 11: by C. (last edited Oct 09, 2019 10:14AM) (new)

C. | 289 comments Check out these lists. There are some historicals mixed in so be sure to read the book's synopsis.
Best Clean Non Religious Romance

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

Clean Non Religious Cowboy/Western (cowboy romance is my weakness)

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

One of my favorite romance books is a nonfiction! The sweet romance between the Food Network's Pioneer Woman and her Marlboro Man! :D

The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond

message 12: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Spade (jmspade) I'm the same way!!! When I wrote my book, I envisioned my grandma reading it! It's called "The Wish Lists" and I encourage you to give it a try!The Wish Lists

Nidia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'm just looking for sweet romantic books (not historical) that aren't very explicit, I mean I don't mind the sex scenes but I don't like explicit sex scenes or oral sex ..."

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Aylworth (susanaylworth) | 5 comments Hi Nidia. I wrote a book I thought was "not too explicit" and my mother just about fainted. Since then, I've only published stories that are more about emotion than physical attraction, although surely the attraction is there!

The first two books in my newest series, The Seasons of Destiny, are available now, but will be disappearing soon. They will reappear in January, published under my own imprint. You may enjoy:
Paris in the Springtime: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PV59RCS
Sunny's Summer: https://www.amazon.com/Sunnys-Summer-...

The 3rd book, Amber in Autumn, will be available at the first of January, with Winter Skye to follow soon after.

Cheers!
Susan

message 14: by Pilar (new)

Pilar Menen (httpswwwgoodreadscompilar-menen) | 4 comments Nidia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'm just looking for sweet romantic books (not historical) that aren't very explicit, I mean I don't mind the sex scenes but I don't like explicit sex scenes or oral sex ..."

I would like to recommend my book. The girl who learned to dream. I wrote it in Spanish, and it has been translated into English.
I can send it to you for free, with the sole commitment that you review Amazon with your honest opinion, whether good or bad.
To do this, if you have a Kindle e-reader, you will receive it as a gift at no cost in the e-book, not in paper books.
He will tell me if he is interested.

Thank you very much for your attention