Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Primal Shifters #1-3
This topic is about Primal Shifters #1-3
Book Issues > Separate editions please

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kira (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 15 comments I need my book, Primal Shifters: Tame Version, separated from the two editions of Primal Shifters.

Primal Shifters: Tame Version is not a different edition of Primal Shifters, but is a different book. Thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 2: by Scott (last edited Apr 18, 2019 01:09PM) (new)

Scott | 21500 comments They are combined properly according to GR policy.

message 3: by Kira (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 15 comments Scott- I don't understand why. They have separate ISBN numbers. They are not the same book and I don't want the reviews from the books shared.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21500 comments Lots of books have different ISBNs and are the same book.

GR policy dictates such editions are to be combined, as they are essentially the same book.

message 5: by Kira (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 15 comments Scott - They are not the same book! Primal Shifters is full of numerous very graphic sex scenes and language. Primal Shifters: Tame Version has none of that. Many of the scenes in the Tame Version were completely rewritten to change the focus of the characters' romance. I do not want readers who are looking for a "tame" or clean romance to be confused or turned off because the reviews for both books are mixed.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43613 comments Mod
Goodreads policy is for revised editions to be combined in a single work with the originals. This includes spicy/sweet variations, etc.

The tame editions have already been correctly marked as such. Is there something you would like us to add to the other versions? Maybe "Spicy Version"?

We can also add something to the description, if you would like. Perhaps "Please note that this work is available in both Tame and Spicy versions."

message 7: by Kira (last edited Apr 19, 2019 02:10PM) (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 15 comments Thank you for the explanation, Rivka. I think I have it set up correctly now. :)