2020 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
The Name of the Wind

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tahlia | 18 comments The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Reviewed by Tahlia Wine

The story starts out with a man who runs an inn named Kote. He has a secret identity, and someone finds out he’s actually Kvothe, a man of many impressive stories that have spread through the Four Corners of Civilization. Kvothe starts at the very beginning and tells the most compelling story of his life. Kvothe was a young man who had finally made it to the University, a place he had dreamed of going to since he was eight. He goes through a series of hardships in his early life and finds himself running into a place where he is comfortable. Throughout the book, he runs into various problems that he tends to cause himself. All he wants to do is attend the university, yet fate seems to be against him, or maybe it’s just his own personality compelling to create mischief. This book is filled with magic, action, comedic elements, romance, intense themes, music, and deep meaning. It’s a book that anyone who reads it will never forget it, and it’s worth the time.

This book is by far the best book I have ever read. Right now, I’m reading the second one which is just as good. The way Patrick Rothfuss writes about music is stunning. As a musician, I feel he really captures to beauty in music. The character of Kvothe is enchanting. He is a severe tormented soul with a tough past. He is a man of many talents, including phenomenal lute playing, fighting, magic. Kvothe makes people weep when he plays the lute. The author just describes the book so well and he uses his own magic to make the book completely and utterly amazing. I’m looking forward to when he publishes the third book.

message 2: by Helene (new)

Helene Synnott | 10 comments This sounds like a fantastic book! I love fantasy and thrillers and this seems like a book right up my alley. The way you described the story line really captures the fun and enchanting adventures throughout his life and sounds like a book I would really enjoy. Thank you for introducing me to The Name of the Wind.

message 3: by Kristoff (new)

Kristoff Kogan | 10 comments I'm really intrigued to read this book. I'm sure its as good you described it.

Tahlia | 18 comments Helene wrote: "This sounds like a fantastic book! I love fantasy and thrillers and this seems like a book right up my alley. The way you described the story line really captures the fun and enchanting adventures ..."

No problem! It is very compelling and hard to put down! I think you will enjoy it!

Tahlia | 18 comments Kristoff wrote: "I'm really intrigued to read this book. I'm sure its as good you described it."

Absolutely! It is very very very good! Worth the time.

message 6: by Tushar (new)

Tushar | 17 comments I enjoyed fantasy books and this sound really good and i like how you describe the character as enchanting it explains how people view the characters image. If you like fantasy books you should read Assassins curse it is really good and has a great story.

Tahlia | 18 comments Thank's for the suggestion! I definitely like books like that!