Shut Up & Read discussion

114 views
Archived Pick It For Me > May Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited May 22, 2019 07:00AM) (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until April 28 and you'll have until May 1 to make a selection for your partner.

Everyone that completes this challenge will receive this badge.

badge-4


message 4: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Apr 16, 2019 10:02PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments I would love to join in, Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

The badge is super cute.


message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "I would love to join in, Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

The badge is super cute."


Yay!


message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Carrie wrote: "I'm in

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."


I have added you.


message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Carpenter | 11 comments I would love to join the challenge. Do I need to share my tbr list in this discussion?


message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Jason wrote: "I would love to join the challenge. Do I need to share my tbr list in this discussion?"

Welcome Jason! If you have a certain shelf you want your pair to pick from add a link to it.


message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Cátia wrote: "I´m In https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Welcome to the challenge. I have added you.


message 12: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 199 comments Leigh wrote: "Cátia wrote: "I´m In https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Welcome to the challenge. I have added you."

Thanks :)



message 13: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Freeman (aliciafreemanpa) | 2 comments This sounds awesome, sign me up please
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...


message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Arena wrote: "I'm in"

I have added you.


message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Alicia wrote: "This sounds awesome, sign me up please
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4..."


I have added you.


message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
PAIRS ARE UP


message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
I have a new reading challenge up for next month. Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 18: by Carrie (last edited Apr 28, 2019 07:16AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Hi Jason for you I have


The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin Death Note, Vol. 1 Boredom (Death Note, #1) by Tsugumi Ohba

Happy Reading


Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments For Alicia, I pick The Ballad of London Blackhouse by Yolanda Olson , Her One Mistake by Heidi Perks or Eyes on You by Steven Jenkins

I hope you enjoy one or all of theses reads!


message 20: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 199 comments For Arena i pick P.S. I Like You by Kasie West , Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover , The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West


message 21: by Jason (last edited May 01, 2019 10:41AM) (new)

Jason Carpenter | 11 comments Hi Carrie! Sorry to cut it so close, but my picks for you are:
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas


message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Jason wrote: "Hi Carrie! Sorry to cut it so close, but my picks for you are:
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia DayCrime and Punishment by Fyodor DostoyevskyThe Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas"


Thank you Jason!!


message 23: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 199 comments Arena chose for me Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and I finished, gave it 3.5⭐
I think she´s not in Goodreads anymore, I don´t find her here


message 24: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Cátia wrote: "Arena chose for me Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and I finished, gave it 3.5⭐
I think she´s not in Goodreads anymore, I don´t find her here"


Congratulations! You have received this badge because you have finished your book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry Arena is no longer on Goodreads.

description


message 25: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 199 comments Leigh wrote: "Cátia wrote: "Arena chose for me Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and I finished, gave it 3.5⭐
I think she´s not in Goodreads anymore, I don´t find her here"

Congratulations! You have received this..."


Thanks :)


message 27: by Jason (new)

Jason Carpenter | 11 comments Out of Carrie's selections for me, I chose The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden . I gave it five stars. It was such an incredible story! I enjoyed it more than anything I've read in a while. Great characters, great setting, imaginative yet filled with real folklore. Thank you Carrie!


message 28: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments I'm glad you like it.


message 29: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "I’m in


https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."



This challenge is over but we do have a June challenge.


message 30: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
Jason wrote: "Out of Carrie's selections for me, I chose The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden. I gave it five stars. It was such an incredible story! I enjoyed it more than anything I've read in a w..."

Jason, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will have to give it a try. Here is your badge for completing the challenge.
description


message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1622 comments Alright Leigh and thanks


message 32: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15196 comments Mod
We have set up a Badge Swag thread for anyone who is interested.
Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


back to top