What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Watcher
This topic is about The Watcher
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Psychological Thriller a man who is going under some sort of regression therapies, during which he becomes the narrator of tales that seem to have a bearing on his state of mind / Unreliable Narrator / 80s or 90s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John (sylvanus) | 3 comments Trying to track down a novel, likely published in USA late 80s or early 90s and set in contemporary USA . Paperback published in UK. Author male/cover was red and white. Plot involves a man who is going under some sort of regression therapies, during which he becomes the narrator of tales that seem to have a bearing on his state of mind. I only recall one of these, when he becomes grounded in the Fawcett Expedition of the 1920s (note: subject of the - much later book/move 'Lost City of Z'). The only other part I recall is that in one session he believes he is trying to protect his wife, though it is apparent to the reader that he may actually be trying to harm her. Lastly, one of the sections of the book may be titled 'The Tower'.

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
The Watcher, maybe?

message 3: by John (new)

John (sylvanus) | 3 comments Thank you: I've just read the original reviews of 'The Watcher', and am pretty sure this is was the book I had in mind - its cover certainly fits my vague recollection!

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
You're welcome! May we consider this solved, or do you want to try and track down a copy to confirm, first?

message 5: by John (new)

John (sylvanus) | 3 comments Yes, mark it as solved (and very quickly!) Some further Twitter references confirmed the link to a Fawcett storyline. But my tastes must have changed: after reading some plot summaries, I could never read this book again!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Watcher (other topics)