The Sword and Laser discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
TV, Movies and Games > Game of Thrones - duplicate- closed.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6892 comments Mod
I was surprised to see there wasn't already a thread going.

I'll be curious to how the show ends compared to the books (but it looks like that's going to be a long wait).

I wasn't thrilled about the unrealistic timelines (people being in different distant locations much faster than should be feasible) but I really enjoyed last season and I'm glad they aren't dragging it out anymore than they already did (splitting the final season in two with such a long gap).

Last night's episode was shorter than I was expecting. I thought the first few were all supposed to be an hour and the last few were closer to 80 minutes each.

I liked last night, but it felt like a lot of setup for the rest of the season.

Spoilers for episode 1:
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments Rob wrote: "I was surprised to see there wasn't already a thread going.

I'll be curious to how the show ends compared to the books (but it looks like that's going to be a long wait).

I wasn't thrilled about ..."

I agree with the last point in your spoiler list. That meeting can go so many ways, but all of them will likely be good.

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2702 comments Rob wrote: "I was surprised to see there wasn't already a thread going.."

I was going to use the old one to post today.

I'm totally okay fudging distances and unrealistic timelines to get people where they need to be. I'm here for the story and wasting precious screen time focused on traveling is a waste of everyone's time and money.

Spoilers for the first episode:

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara wrote: "I was going to use the old one to post today.."

I looked for it..and couldn't find it. Even with the search function, but maybe it didn't have Game of Thrones in the title somehow?

It's been a pretty long time since season 7 aired, so who know what happened to it..

Yeah, I'm not super bothered by the traveling thing except it impacts the story to a degree. I guess it's just about changing my thinking that there are long periods of time where nothing of note is happening in a certain location while important characters are traveling there?

message 5: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sorry to those who posted here already, but Dara pointed to the old thread and I think we should just stick with that one.

My fault. I did look for it, but apparently failed badly at finding it somehow..

Please use this: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.