Play Book Tag discussion

March 2019: Debut > Updating the group shelf for March

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (last edited Apr 14, 2019 03:29PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Hi, everyone. I usually try to get to doing the "shelving" from the month before on the first or second weekend of the following month.

However, this past week has been very stressful for me, as my oldest cat is in renal failure and spent 3 days in the hospital. He came home on Friday, and I am trying to make sure he is comfortable, doing as well as possible, etc. So... I didn't get to it this weekend.

Next weekend (Easter weekend) is a four-day weekend for me, so I will be able to get to it then.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I’ve been thinking of you Cin.

message 3: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments You poor thing! Hope it all goes well from here on! And the long weekend will give you time to recover

message 4: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 414 comments Oh! I hope your kitty recovers quickly, your beloved pets being in pain is one of the most awful and tiring things.

message 5: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments Huge hugs, Cindy xx

message 6: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3125 comments I am thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

message 7: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2083 comments I know exactly how difficult this time has been for you. Lots of love to your kitty.

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7229 comments So sorry to hear about your cat-good thoughts to you!

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Thank you all.

He was doing well with all the meds and the IV fluids on the weekend, but the hardest part was getting him to eat. (Not sure if any of you have ever had a cat in renal failure; I have done this once before, 4 years ago, so it wasn't unexpected.)

I hate that I had to leave him to come back to work. I have a friend who is able to check on him while I'm here at work, so I assume everything is still ok, otherwise I would have heard from her.

(Just to add, (chronic) renal failure is fatal. It's a matter of making him comfortable in the meantime.)

message 10: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments I know exactly what it’s like, Cindy - went there with my Mia last year (renal lymphoma). She turned from a stout and effusively happy cat into a skeleton in a fur coat in the space of a few short weeks - heartbreaking to watch. Our lovely vet was as distressed as I was. But we were able to make her pain free and gave her the best possible quality of life for as long as we could.

message 11: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments KateNZ wrote: "I know exactly what it’s like, Cindy - went there with my Mia last year (renal lymphoma). She turned from a stout and effusively happy cat into a skeleton in a fur coat in the space of a few short ..."

Oh no. I'm so sorry you had to go through it, as well.

We seem to have good days and bad days. Today appears to be a good day.

Though I was in a panic trying to find the baby food he is eating consistently! The only thing he's eating consistently - with some nibbles and one or two meals of other things, but it's that baby food that he goes back to, most days. A friend of mine found some, though, and dropped off 12 jars. Whew! Hopefully that will last a couple of weeks, so that I can find more.

message 12: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2182 comments As I read this I can't help but think of my last two kitties. Our male had a couple of bouts with kidney issues that we were finally able to resolve, I didn't think he'd make it but he was with us for quite a few years after.

Our little female though got liver cancer. She never seemed to be in pain and but getting her to eat was a challenge. She too loved the baby food and that helped so much. Drinking was not a problem, she was good about that. It's so sad to love them and lose them. I'm thinking of you wishing you the best.

message 13: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Thank you, Barbara. It is a stressful time. Frustrating when they don't want to eat, and we know that they have to, but we can't explain!

message 14: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5493 comments I know how difficult this is. I'm thinking of you Cin.