Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > incorrect page number - ISBN: 978-3805250726

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (seraphcherub) | 48 comments The page number of the German Hardcover of Nemesis is 528 pages (see https://smile.amazon.de/Nemesis-Die-C...) and not 448 pages...

Could you please correct the page numbering? Thank you!

message 2: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments WorldCat states 448 pages. Do you have a copy of this book in hand to confirm the count?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne (seraphcherub) | 48 comments I do - that's how I noticed the wrong page number on goodreads. My book ends at page 521 or 523, if you count the acknowledgment.

message 4: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Anne wrote: "I do - that's how I noticed the wrong page number on goodreads. My book ends at page 521 or 523, if you count the acknowledgment."

Numbered to 523? I’ll update when you confirm

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
It does not have to be numbered to 523; we count unnumbered pages which follow the numbered ones, if they have content we count. And we do count acknowledgements.

Edited.

message 6: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments rivka wrote: "It does not have to be numbered to 523; we count unnumbered pages which follow the numbered ones, if they have content we count. And we do count acknowledgements.

Edited."

Thanks, the page numbering rules are still confusing because the guidance is not listed anywhere

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne (seraphcherub) | 48 comments Neil wrote: "Anne wrote: "I do - that's how I noticed the wrong page number on goodreads. My book ends at page 521 or 523, if you count the acknowledgment."

Numbered to 523? I’ll update when you confirm"

I'm not sure if my input is still needed but nevertheless: the last numbered page is 520. The last chapter ends on page 521 (the page isn't numbered), followed by an empty page, followed by an unnumbered page of acknowledgement.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
Thanks for the additional information.