Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Multiple books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orestes (new)

Orestes | 14 comments First off, my intention is not to spam the forum with new discussions, so I'm asking about three books in one post:

1. ISBN 9789603521648 ("Ανδρομάχη" - Andromache, Greek edition): 158 pages.

2. ISBN 9780992639730 ("Go Swift and Far - a Novel of Bath"): 443 pages

3. ISBN 9780007556908 ("The Lord of the Rings: A Reader’s Companion"):

This one is listed as 894 pages. Which is partly correct. There are (a whopping) 82 pages in the preface. I don't know if there is a policy about introductions and prefaces, but the total number of -physical- pages in this book is actually 976. They are just numbered in two parts.

message 2: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments 1. Done. Page count matches worldcat entry
https://www.worldcat.org/title/androm...

2.Updated. No page count showing in worldcat or amazon so updated it based on request above

3. Not updated. I'm not sure about this one. Can you raise a separate request in the group so someone with more experience of librarian duties can update?

message 3: by Orestes (new)

Orestes | 14 comments Will do!
Thanks for the rest :)

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13571 comments Neil wrote: "3. Not updated. I'm not sure about this one. Can you raise a separate request in the group so someone with more experience of librarian duties can update?"

An introduction or preface in different numbering from the main work is not counted on Goodreads. Therefore, the existing numbering of 894 is correct.

message 5: by Orestes (new)

Orestes | 14 comments Thanks for letting me know :)