Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Umberto Eco
This topic is about Umberto Eco
Serieses! > "Ancient Greece" Series minor modifications

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orestes (last edited Apr 12, 2019 04:22AM) (new)

Orestes | 14 comments Hello!

This topic is about the series "Αρχαία Ελλάδα" ("Ancient Greece", translated in Greek).

The original version is "L'Antichità" originally authored in Italy by a team of researchers, edited by Umberto Eco.

It is comprised of 9 volumes, and these are the links to each one:

Vol. 1: link.
Vol. 2: link.
Vol. 3: link.
Vol. 4: link.
Vol. 5: link.
Vol. 6: link.
Vol. 7: link.
Vol. 8: link.
Vol. 9: link.

Each volume (apart from vol. 5) correctly states the order within the (Greek) series. But there are no active links towards a "Series listing page". Is it not created automatically? Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the specifics.

The original Italian series ("L'Antichità") covers the history of Greece, Rome and the Near East. The Greek one focuses only on the history of Greece. There is some correspondence between the volumes. But a couple have been split in two parts for the Greek edition.

So, I'm starting this discussion in order to correctly set the series of these books. Is it possible/recommended for a book to belong to more than one series?

I think that the primary series should be the Greek one. As such Volume 5 should be changed accordingly.

If there is a way to also link the volumes to their original Italian ones let me know so I can give you more info. (The link is this).

Finally, I've found these two minor errors in the individual volumes:

Volumes 1 & 3: Author should be changed to Umberto Eco as Editor. Various could be removed. (All other volumes only list Umberto Eco).

Volume 5: Title should be changed from "Αρχαία Ελλάδα:Μύθος και θρησκεία," to "Αρχαία Ελλάδα: Μύθος και Θρησκεία" (a space, a capitalization, removal of trailing comma).

message 2: by Orestes (new)

Orestes | 14 comments It's been over a month and I was wondering if there's anything that can be done or not. I'd do it myself, but I have neither the privileges, nor the knowledge.

Thanks!