Art Lovers discussion

9 views
Guess Who (by artist's works!) > Is he there yet? (Caspar David Friedrich)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments All right, on with the next one ;-)





message 2: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Henshaw (kristilou) Vermeeresque...Is it Dutch?


message 3: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments Not Vermeer (wrong century) and not Dutch...


message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments I’d guess Scandinavian.


message 5: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Wyeth?


message 6: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments Sorry Geoffrey, wrong continent and also wrong century.

And it is indeed not southern Europe, Ruth.

I'm sure this artist is better known then Corinth.
Maybe the second pic will help... but first I have to prepare dinner (fried fish with mashed potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber ;-)


message 7: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments


message 8: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments Dirk wrote: "....but first I have to prepare dinner (fried fish with mashed potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber ;-). "

When I told my daughter I was bragging about my cooking, she said wait dad I'll take a pic. So if you're wondering how dinner looked:




message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments Aha! Caspar David Friedrich.


message 10: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments Yes!
You're really good in this Ruth!

I had a lot of nice pics ready to post... what the heck here they are:






message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments Dirk wrote: "Yes!
You're really good in this Ruth!

I had a lot of nice pics ready to post... what the heck here they are:

"


I’ve always liked his work, and just happened to know that iceberg painting.


message 12: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments Dirk wrote: "Dirk wrote: "....but first I have to prepare dinner (fried fish with mashed potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber ;-). "

When I told my daughter I was bragging about my cooking, she said wait dad I'll t..."


Pretty as a picture. Can I come eat at your house?


message 13: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments Haha, you're always welcome Ruth!
Whenever you're in Belgium or Antwerp, just give me sign!
And that invitation stands for all of you, Heather, Geoffrey, Connie, Kristine and all the silent members... all are welcome!


message 14: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Henshaw (kristilou) I wish...


message 15: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2695 comments It's the same the other way round, this weekend I learned that to see the painting "le déjeuner des canotiers (luncheon of the boating party)" You have to go to Washington!

https://www.phillipscollection.org/

I wish I could do that too!


message 16: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments Dirk wrote: "It's the same the other way round, this weekend I learned that to see the painting "le déjeuner des canotiers (luncheon of the boating party)" You have to go to Washington!

https://www.phillipscol..."


I have been there and seen it.


back to top