Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Celaenas Geschichte (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)
This topic is about Celaenas Geschichte
Page Numbering Requests > Please correct the page number of ISBN 978-3423717588

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iron (new) - added it

Iron Princess | 48 comments Could someone please correct the page number of this book (ISBN 978-3423717588). According to Amazon it has 496 pages. Thank you!

message 2: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Done

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Amazon is not a reliable source for the page count data.

WorldCat lists 368 pages for this edition.
I reverted the page count change.

Unless you have a copy of this edition in hand to confirm the page count we should go withthe WorldCat one.

message 4: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments What is the link to Worldcat please? Google for this ISBN lists numerous sites with a page count for 496.

Have the guidance rules for librarians changed?

message 6: by Iron (new) - added it

Iron Princess | 48 comments I don't know if it helps, since I'm not a librarian, but I do have a copy of the book. The last page number explicitly stated is 476, but the book also contains an excerpt of another book by the author which isn't numbered.

message 7: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Olivia wrote: "Amazon is not a reliable source for the page count data.

WorldCat lists 368 pages for this edition.
I reverted the page count change.

Unless you have a copy of this edition in hand to confirm the..."

Who has to have the book copy in order to confirm? Me as the person making the change, or the person requesting the change? As you can see here, someone is saying they have the book, and confirm page numbering of 476. I guess we should trust them?

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments If the person making a request can confirm the page count from the book in hand it would be the one preferred.

Iron,
Thank you for confirmation.
The page count is set to 476 now.