What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Obsession
This topic is about Obsession
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A woman wakes up in a hospital, looks in mirror, and doesn't recognize her own reflection. Romance/thriller/suspense [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Apr 11, 2019 01:36PM) (new)

Tiffany (turnerharrison) | 9 comments A young woman wakes up in a hospital and doesn't recognize herself in the mirror and is either shocked her hair is dyed red or is shocked her hair isn't red. She has amnesia but also this strong sense that some horrible people are coming to hurt her so she takes off. She runs into a doctor who turns out to be her next door neighbor, he helps her. There is a surly cat, some weird business with kitchen floor tiles, a ring that doesn't fit well, a dead college friend, and some mob type guys. The setting is in the DC (capital of the USA) area and the doctor has a hideout in the woods, a cabin. She gets kidnapped and held in a warehouse where the bad guys try to get her to pick someone out of a lineup of pictures. One of the mob guys claims to be her boyfriend and he wants to have sex with her and, she clogs a toilet to get out of having to do the act. She falls in love with the doctor/neighbor even though for the first 2/3 of the book she seems to really dislike him. Her father worked with automobiles I think, and he might have died. I remember the author is a woman and the book was a bit cheesy but a fun read. I think it might be published in the early 00's because I remember Facebook being mentioned, but not 100% on publishing date. I read it between 2008-2010.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33451 comments Mod
Tiffany, can you describe her physical condition in the hospital? Was she in an accident and was anyone killed? Is she assumed to be single/married? Can she remember her name or family/friends at the start?

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe Obsession? Set in DC, has doctor/neighbor character, and MC waking up in hospital with amnesia

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (turnerharrison) | 9 comments Andria found the name of the book for me but thank you for reaching out and trying to help.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (turnerharrison) | 9 comments Thank you! That is the book! I wish I could send you a gift LOL.
❤❤❤

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
You're welcome! Glad I could help. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Obsession (other topics)