THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > TIME SENSITIVE: Giveaway links

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sawyer (new)

Sawyer Bennett (sawyer_bennett) | 4 comments I have scheduled my premium giveaway for a paperback title. I received the draft of my giveaway, and the links in the draft email that will be sent to entrants that didn't win don't work. It appears the links are pulling using a search query with the paperback ISBN. The problem is that ISBN is only associated with the paperback listing on Amazon, so querying that ISBN on any other platform will not return successful results. Is there a way to provide different links or will the links be queried another way once the giveaway goes live?

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan (daevs) | 7 comments Hi Sawyer,

To clarify, the buy links you're referring aren’t direct hardcoded links. Instead, they run a URL search on the selected store or library based on the specific ISBN you used to set the giveaway. Unfortunately, we can’t add a specific/different buy link to those emails or use a different ISBN than the one you've created the giveaway for, but we will pass your feedback to our team in charge.

message 3: by Sawyer (new)

Sawyer Bennett (sawyer_bennett) | 4 comments Dany wrote: "Hi Sawyer,

To clarify, the buy links you're referring aren’t direct hardcoded links. Instead, they run a URL search on the selected store or library based on the specific ISBN you used to set the ..."

So will you only provide the link to Amazon, since that is the platform associated with that ISBN? Or will the rest of the links just appear as dead links?