The Writing Desk discussion

Games!!!! > Recommend a Game...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Panic!AtTheWritingDesk (panicatthewritingdesk) | 639 comments Mod
Here you can recommend a game to play...

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) I don’t know what it’s called, but we would call it pass it on. And so basically everyone would write one line of a story and it was the job of the next person to write another line now they needed to make it part of that story for instance

Susan walked into the Starbucks a large bag and one hand and an umbrella in the other.

The next line can’t be.

And in the middle of the Sahara desert donkey Kong plays chess.

But it could be something like

Superman flies by causing a sonic boom with shatters all the glass in the Starbucks.

True it still far-fetched but it at least makes sense because you’re keeping in context the post before. Make sense? It could turn out pretty funny

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Also there is an old classic game kiss kill marry.

Basically you list three people from like a movie or story or something and say who you would kiss who you would kill and who you would marry. This is the PG version to keep it clean, however it seems to work best if someone picks up Topic then you stick with that topic for a little while and then pick a new one for instants Harry Potter, Lord of the rings, etc.…

message 4: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

so, i was thinking of doing the quickwrite in its own folder type thing as it was something QS suggested today... :)
And it's more of a writing improvement thing... ^-^
Thanks for reading my mind XD

And this one sounds really interesting... I shall make a slot... ^-^

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Apr 22, 2019 06:55AM) (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Um....maybe something like a poetry slam? We all share a poem and others comment, sharing a poem they wrote if they want?

message 6: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

good idea! I'll add that in the quick write section! :)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Ok!

message 8: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Check out my group for ideas for games if you want. Remember to tell us where you got the idea from though.

message 9: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Rumell wrote: "Check out my group for ideas for games if you want. Remember to tell us where you got the idea from though."

Thanks! I will do, sense I have permission... :)
And of course I will site where I got the idea from... :)
Did that for a couple of games already haven't I XD
Again, Thank you Rumell!